• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible Absentivism

puppykickr

Android Expert
Feb 1, 2019
USA
Is absentisvism a word?

Who cares.

Anyway, I may or may not be in and out in the near future, due to my beginning a new job.

It is very physically demanding of me, and I am generally exhausted most of the time.

It may or may not last.

At any rate, I just thought that I owed an explaination for any possible future absence on my part.
I have learned much in my time on this forum, and enjoyed passing on the feeble amount of info that I do know about these devices.

The people here have been most generous in both time and temper- even when we disagree on things in and outside of Android.
I would easilly call these people my friends, even though we have never met.

I never actually filled out the 'introduction' thingy when I joined, but I feel as though the members here that have given attention to any of my posts have found out whatever they may (or may not- lol) have wanted to know.

Thank you to all.

This is not a goodbye, but suffice it to say that I won't be joining in on answering questions or engaging in debates at 3AM in the near future.

When I joined, I never thought that this forum would become so addictive (in a good way), and then turn into such a brilliant way to pass the time during this p(l)andemic.

Once again, thank you all so very much.

I really just wanted you all to know that I noticed and appreciated the fact that we could disagree on so much, yet still communicate and agree on other things- just like humans are supposed to do.

The moderators here strive to be fair, I do believe- unlike on so many other sites where only one belief system is allowed to be expressed.

Thank God for Android Forums!

And thank everyone here that makes this such a fun place to learn about Android devices.

Once again, this is not a goodbye, just me saying thanks and that I won't be on as much as I once was.
Some may have already noticed that I haven't been here as often.

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, I trust the moderators to help me in that respect if needed, lol.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads-up, @puppykickr. I hope your new job works out whichever way you're wishing it would! :D

It's really nice to see a post like yours, acknowledging and appreciating this forum's members and staff. For me, this place is definitely more than just some online site. I feel much the same as you do; I have actual friends here--we just haven't met in real life! And I love that we can disagree on things without getting ugly--just like in real life!

Don't overdo it at your new job. Remember, we're not kids! :eek: And I hope you'll still be around, even if it is less often than usual.

Upvote 0
WOW a job......that's great. hard to find jobs these days. i hope it works out for you. i'll miss our duels in the PCA threads. i hope you can pop in from time to time to say high (oooops i mean hi....LOL)

let us know how you like your new job or if it sucks....lol

best of luck to you and stay safe;)

Upvote 0
best of luck man. hopefully we will see more of you around here not at 3:00AM but 3:00 PM will work as well ;)

All jokes to the side best of luck to you and congratulations on the new job once again.

By the way thank you for acknowledging the moderators and other staff members here. They certainly put alot of effort in here. It is because of them that this forum has survived. and they don't get much recognition as well.

Upvote 0
Oh hell no!
The last 'flip-phone' I had was the Motorola Micro-Tac 353, and the flip part only covered the keys.

iu(13).jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for the heads up @puppykickr , Thanks for your posts that cheered me up anyways, I am sure we did met one way or another offline, much wishes and desires, please do not over do your new occupation, we are not kids anymore :)
Did you copy my post on purpose? :eek:

:p :) :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones