• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Possible battery drain on new radio/PRI

I'm wasn't experiencing battery drain but my dl speeds went in the toilet.....Went back to the old radio's...

That's nuts. Everyone that I've spoken to on XDA has said that their DL speeds have increased quite a bit on the new radios. I'm thinking that it's probably the PRI/NV combo that I updated to. I'm gonna have to downgrade to previous versions.

Upvote 0
That's nuts. Everyone that I've spoken to on XDA has said that their DL speeds have increased quite a bit on the new radios. I'm thinking that it's probably the PRI/NV combo that I updated to. I'm gonna have to downgrade to previous versions.

I've since then flashed to a different ROM, so I'll give the new radio's another try and see if I see an improvement.

Upvote 0
huh that was weird. i tried it on cm7 with no issues. though my signal strenght was not as good. a few time i could not make a call. i'm on mikg v1.1 right now and no problems with my radios. 3g seems to be better on this rom.

I too flashed it on CM7 w/o issue but my dl speeds weren't as good as with the previous radio's.

I've always had issues w/ using the portable hotspot while wimax was turned on, it was always hit or miss (7 out of 10 times I would end up w/ limited connectivity or no internet at all while wimax was on and I was wireless tethering) and ultimately I would just surf using 3G. I loved CM7 enough to overlook this issue but I finally got fed up with it yesterday (I rely on my Evo for the net and cancelled my internet w/ Time Warner months ago!) and for the time being I'm running VaelPak RC 3.2...This is the ROM I'm referring to in my previous post. Wimax started turning on automatically after reboot, so I downgraded radio's again and restored the nandroid I made of VaelPak, issue gone.

I'm probably going to stay on this ROM until the Dev's work their magic w/ the OTA update.

Upvote 0
I too flashed it on CM7 w/o issue but my dl speeds weren't as good as with the previous radio's.

This is the ROM I'm referring to in my previous post. Wimax started turning on automatically after reboot, so I downgraded radio's again and restored the nandroid I made of VaelPak, issue gone.

I'm probably going to stay on this ROM until the Dev's work their magic w/ the OTA update.

The reason WiMax turns automatically turns on after a reboot or a switch from Airplane mode-to-normal is because of a edit in the services.jar file. A big dev in the EVO world made a fix for it on Froyo Sense ROMs over on XDA. I'm sure he'll be working on fixing it for GB.

Upvote 0
The reason WiMax turns automatically turns on after a reboot or a switch from Airplane mode-to-normal is because of a edit in the services.jar file. A big dev in the EVO world made a fix for it on Froyo Sense ROMs over on XDA. I'm sure he'll be working on fixing it for GB.

Mind posting a link so I can fix it while running VaelPak?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones