• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible BRICK PLEASE HELP!!

I assume you have ClockworkMod(CWM) Recovery on your phone?

If so, boot into CWM by holding down the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down simultaneously until the phone vibrates. Then you can either restore a nandroid backup which I hope you made, but if not you can flash the Complete Stock Triumph ROM from here: http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/413093-rom-bone-stock-stock-deodex-roms-triumph-now-resets-splash-img.html That should get you sorted. If you did not make a nandroid, I suggest you do so so you have something to fall back on if you run into issues again. :)

If you don't then you need to have CWM to install the kernel (I would recommend a different stock kernel since Umph hasn't been maintained for a long while now). You can find instructions on that here: http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/445483-guide-installing-cwm-custom-rom-motorola-triumph.html

Marc ninja'd me, so I will leave it to him....

Upvote 0
no roms or back ups can I just "wipe Data factory reset" or what else could I do my brother has a triumph also

wipe data/ factory reset will completely wipe the flash memory including the rom so it won't help. What you can do is put this: Stock_ROM_SplashImage_b_randon14.zip on your sdcard through your brothers MT connected to a computer and once that is tranfered put the sdcard back in your MT select the wipe data/ factory reset option and then go to "choose zip to install" and choose that zip that you put on your sdcard and flash it. Then you can reboot and it should boot up :)

will I have to reactivate my phone?

Shouldn't have to

Upvote 0
I just go to "install zip from sd card" in the cwm menu and that is the new rom zip file right?

go to it and you will have to navigate to the new rom (using the volume keys and it should be named Stock_ROM_SplashImage_b_randon14.zip) then select it (using the menu key) then confirm the same way

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones