1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Possible cause of sub par battery life on Liberty 1.5 related to the Dialer?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dabomb224, Feb 12, 2011.

1. dabomb224

dabomb224 Android Enthusiast

I, like many others, had always noticed shorter battery life after switching to Liberty. Until now, I had no explanation for this. However, in my last few charge cycles, I have noticed that the Dialer has shown up consistantly as a large battery user. To follow this up, I checked on my Battery History in Spare Parts. My Partial Wake stats looked good, but I did notice that, under Sensors, the Dialer was shown to have had a total sensor usage of 14hrs (the exact amount of time that the phone has been off of the charger).

Could this be responsible for draining the battery? Anyone else experience similar sensor behavior?

Advertisement

2. mruno

mruno Android Expert

the dialer is not eating my battery for me. in apex and the rest of the blurry roms, they had uid 1015 eat my battery after i placed a call (listed under sensor usage).

3. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

hmmm, interesting, as my dialer shows 8 hrs of usage but it has been off of the charger for at least 16

4. dabomb224

It seems to be mostly a sensor issue. I used Watchdog Lite to force close the dialer and battery has improved quite a bit. Maybe it was just "stuck" somehow?

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

possibly; which dialer are you using?

6. dabomb224

I believe that it's just the stock Cytown Phone that comes with the ROM.

7. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

You could try another one

8. novemberwhiskey

novemberwhiskey Android Enthusiast

9. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

they did make some tweaks to wifi scanning time and a few other minor changes

there is no "monitor" installed

10. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Could this tweak help my wifi problems? Specifically, I have a hard time accessing the Android Market when I'm on wifi. On 3G, Im fine.

11. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

You are missing something. :D It DOES tweak settings that improve battery life.

Correct, the only monitoring is when people post their battery screen shots.

12. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Probably not. I think the tweak changed the wifi scan interval.