• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible defect or...just how it is?

Jamiepfef

Lurker
Jun 2, 2010
IL
Hi everyone, I'm new to Android..previously had blackberry curve 8310 which I did like..and it was always reliable, but it was pretty beat up and was always showing an hour glass recently so i upgraded...

This is my 2nd Captivate now..first one had shut off on it's own a couple times too many

Now I dont know if im nit picking or something but the side power button seems mushier than my other phone..and also ive noticed when I push the power button and the unlock page pops up there is a slight lag and the background is dim and gets a bit brighter..just let me know if this seems to be the norm or I have a laggy "power button pushing problem" LOL..so sorry i know this sounds nuts but i just want to be completly happy with the phone before the 30 days are up. thank you

Jamiw

wow this post read my mind. i just exchanged my 1st captivate for a second one cuz mine was powering off a couple times a day after full charges. my 2nd one i just got has a power button that is more inside the frame also. so that seems to be the norm. i actually am glad to read that other's are, maybe this means there have been new shipments and they are "working" on the phone. hopefully the powering down on its' own thing was one of them. mine does the same thing as yours when pressing the lock/power button in terms of the screen. no worries.

Upvote 0
My replacement phone's power button is more recessed as well. I thought this might be an improvement made by Samsung, but then I realized after registering that my replacement phone is actually OLDER than my first phone. My first phone was "born" in mid July. My replacement phone was "born" on June 30.

So it seems to me that the phones with the power buttons that are more inside the frame may actually be an older build. I don't know.

Upvote 0
Have any of you all had issues with your button getting worse? My friend's captivate button is really inside the frame you can barely push it at all. I am wondering if Samsung will do anything about it at all. He is out of his 30 days hopefully they will, you can barely push the button at all.

The phone has a one year warranty. The 30 days AT&T gives a return for refund period.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones