1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Possible fix for Bluetooth streaming music issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Methos1979, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast

I was suffering a lot of problems when streaming music from the cloud (mostly Rhapsody) and other sources via Bluetooth to my Bose SoundLink speakers. I would get a lot of clicks and hiccups and worse, with the streaming cloud music - stoppages.

A different post about a WiFi issue made me look deeper into my phones settings. Go into Settings, select Bluetooth and then hit the vertical three dots (menu) button, select Visibility timeout, now select Never time out. (Mine was defaulted to 2 minutes.)

Once I made this change my music all but stopped all clicking and hiccuping and since then I have not had a single streaming music stoppage. I just made this change so I'll keep an eye on it and post back to make sure it stays this way but I'm excited that this might be a fix for a very annoying issue!

If you have/had this problem and try this fix please post how it worked for you.

droidros likes this.
  2. droidros

droidros Android Enthusiast

I'm having an issue with receiving my Audible recordings via Bluetooth in my car. Sometimes it works perfectly and other times it will just stop after a few seconds. I'm going to try your tip and will let you know!

3. seVer

seVer Android Expert

would love to know how to stream pandora and google maps to my car stereo (alpine cde-103bt). vznavigator plays directions thru it, but not google maps.

4. droidros

droidros Android Enthusiast

I did try your method and I haven't had any more problems with listening to Audible through Bluetooth on my car speakers. Thanks! I haven't tried Pandora or other music player yet - or switching between different apps, which has caused me problems int he past.

5. beachklas

beachklas Lurker

It worked for me!

I used to get choppy music.
    Now it plays uninterrupted.

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews