1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Possible fix for Bluetooth streaming music issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Methos1979, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    I was suffering a lot of problems when streaming music from the cloud (mostly Rhapsody) and other sources via Bluetooth to my Bose SoundLink speakers. I would get a lot of clicks and hiccups and worse, with the streaming cloud music - stoppages.

A different post about a WiFi issue made me look deeper into my phones settings. Go into Settings, select Bluetooth and then hit the vertical three dots (menu) button, select Visibility timeout, now select Never time out. (Mine was defaulted to 2 minutes.)

Once I made this change my music all but stopped all clicking and hiccuping and since then I have not had a single streaming music stoppage. I just made this change so I'll keep an eye on it and post back to make sure it stays this way but I'm excited that this might be a fix for a very annoying issue!

If you have/had this problem and try this fix please post how it worked for you.

Advertisement

droidros likes this.
  2. droidros

droidros Android Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2010
    Federal employee - Instructional Designer/Project
    DC Metro Area
    I'm having an issue with receiving my Audible recordings via Bluetooth in my car. Sometimes it works perfectly and other times it will just stop after a few seconds. I'm going to try your tip and will let you know!

3. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.
    would love to know how to stream pandora and google maps to my car stereo (alpine cde-103bt). vznavigator plays directions thru it, but not google maps.

4. droidros

droidros Android Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2010
    Federal employee - Instructional Designer/Project
    DC Metro Area
    I did try your method and I haven't had any more problems with listening to Audible through Bluetooth on my car speakers. Thanks! I haven't tried Pandora or other music player yet - or switching between different apps, which has caused me problems int he past.

5. beachklas

beachklas Lurker
    None

Mar 12, 2014
    It worked for me!

I used to get choppy music.
    Now it plays uninterrupted.