• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible fix for Herotab C8 Touch screen.

sr20de92

Lurker
Apr 15, 2012
Hello, Im new to the forum but before I go any further I would like to say thank you all for the awesome threads and post...I am droid noob and all the information I have found on this forum has been greatly appreciated. With the past year or so I have purchased my first android phone motorola defy (not the greatest phone); which is rooted and overclocked...thnx and a herotab c8 tablet...one of the better Chinese knock off.

Recently i have been plagued with a non-functioning touch screen on my herotab. Once the problem started (due to wife dropping it.) i hopped online and did a search for any repair ideas or suggestion, but unfortunately there is little to no actual repair information available so after hours of searching and rebooting the device i gave in and decided it was time to open the tablet up and have a look...since when things are broken i cant help but to rip it open and see what in side, xbox's, computer, and ext., i figure why the heck not.

To start things off I removed the back panel, BAD IDEA...there is nothing back there and you could very easily break the cover...I got lucky and didnt really break anything. so learn from my mistake.

So with no answers in the rear of the tablet i decided to press my luck and take the front of the tablet off. In order to do this you must have some finger nails and thats all you need. The removal of the front screen is far easier to take off. All you have to do take your finger nail and place inbetween the center gray strip and the front panel, and once youve got that just take your finger and slide it down the side of the tablet, were you should hear the panel unsnap from the center portion. Once the panel is unsnapped just simply and gently pull up on the screen, but be careful there is a spot of glue in the middle of the screen that you'll have to pry off with your finger. Now that the glue is apart both pieces will separate.

Once the screen is removed you will see two gold strips coming from the screen portion. The ribbon in the middle is for display portion and the small ribbon is actually the sensing portion of the screen. What I noticed on mine is the sensor ribbon has a sort of snap in connection with the board and the connection must have came loose when it was dropped (go figure). So i just simply snapped it back in and rebooted the tablet and bam!!! the touch screen works great!!! During the repair i noticed that the sensor connection isn't really that solid of a connection.

I don't know if it will fix all the issue with the touch screens but it worked with mine... I do know that some issues out there seem to be more firmware/software problems but this could save you from flashing the memory and starting over.

Hope this helps...and once again thank you for all the valuable information you have provided me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones