• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible Jelly Bean Update (Grain of Salt)

Yeah I get the same thing, although for some reason it says I ave the Baseband of the Jelly Bean OS, even though I'm on ICS lol. I get the same exact thing, and I've talked to Samsung support with no help at all.

That's odd...I was really excited to get JB, too. I know for sure though, when I get the update, I will upload the zip for others who need it.

Upvote 0
I wonder why they'd suggest Kies. I don't know what Kies would have to do with an OTA OS update unless you were somehow able to get the install package onto your PC to transfer to the phone wirelessly. Even then plugging it in via USB would be a lot easier than that with a large file like that.

I'm not sure, but the crazy guy I talked to on the phone with Samsung said that the update had to be done over kies because it isn't an ota update. I was like WTF?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but the crazy guy I talked to on the phone with Samsung said that the update had to be done over kies because it isn't an ota update. I was like WTF?

I think he used the term: "over the wire", then he said I would have to take it to a virgin mobile store or a best buy and get it done. Then I called my local Best Buy and they said they can only do updates via OTA, they don't have access to kies or anything else like it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones