• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible Memory Leak

owen1978

Nov 26, 2009
In Taskiller the amount of free memory is showing between 90-105mb
is this normal?

I have deleted text messages, cleared cache, deleting emails from inbox and trash etc.. I going to get rid of a few apps too, but its a bummer if I cant have many apps due to it affecting memory!

Also i understand that if flash it with the Modaco custom ROM i can create a swap partition, does this help a lot?

Also would i lose quite a lot of the HTC Hero features such as Sense UI for example if I flash it with Modaco?

Thanks

Your android phone should run just fine with anything above 30 mb. 90-100 is not unusual for a newly rebooted phone but after a few hours of use things get placed in memory and the number goes down. Android then starts cleaning things up to keep you running around 30 mb to maintain good functionality. Everything you're experiencing Is perfectly normal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones