1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Possible Note 3 external antenna connector (maybe!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dworkin, Nov 9, 2014.

1. dworkin

dworkin Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    I suspect my UK Note 3 may have an external antenna connector but since I'm not that much into radio stuff I can't be sure.

On my phone (SM-N9005) there's a 4mm ( 1/8") diameter rubber cover next to and to the right of the SIM and Micro SD. Underneath is a a gold plated socket about 2mm (1/16") that looks to be co-axial and looks like many of the RF plugs I've come across in the past.

Any RF experts out there or just anybody who recognises the socket and knows how to use it?

Cheers

EDIT:

Found new info at http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/0d9c/0900766b80d9c38f.pdf
    The socket on my Note 3 looks exactly like this. Apparently a switching test point with insertion durability of 12000 cycles. In researching this i've heard of people ramming a bare wire into a similar sounding socket with results from improved signal to no signal when wire removed (so beware!) There is also a different if similar socket but with durability of only 100 cycles which is obviously not so good

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.