1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root possible root using Univeralandroot 1.6.2 beta 5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Moormanity, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Moormanity

Moormanity Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    So this is my first post,forgive me if the prefix is incorrect....
    but i may have found a way to root this without using adb and so far im rooted with Su permissions

this was done on a devour running the stock 1.6 right out of the box
    no updates were applied and these are the steps in order that i had done them in

Step 1: first i tried z4root the latest version and that gave a me what it thought was root....It installed Super User but would not allow me to update the binary which wouldnt allow su permissions... so i went and left it be i didnt not choose to unroot from the z4root

Step 2: (not sure if this matters, perhaps optional) so from there i downloaded a file from the market called fix permissions

Step3: i opened fix permissions and from the interface i choose the unervisal androot...it said "permissions fixed, UID's Aligned"

Step 4: i used Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5 to unroot the phone and once it was completed (edit) uinsg androot, i choose to root the phone....used root checker to verify and all was done....

Step 5: i rebooted the phone just to verify and ran root checker again and had super user permissions and full root....

all in all its worth a try..worst it can do is not work and only takes minutes to do...but if youre not looking to do all the ADB commands as my PC does not work well with them for some reason and my linux wouldnt run either....goodluck

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Moormanity, welcome to the AndroidForums :).

I've moved your thread to the all-things-root sub-forum for the Moto Devour.

Cheers and good luck!