1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Possible Ship Jump

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Haduken88, May 15, 2011.

1. Haduken88

Haduken88 Lurker
    None

May 15, 2011
    Southern Cali
    I'm thinking about jumping ship. I currently have a iPhone 4 and I love it. I use to have an Evo 4g but hated the battery life. I can trade my iPhone 4 for a inspire 4g.

I just have a few questions about the inspire 4g.

Does it Have Gorilla Glass?

Do I need a screen protector?

Can I flash a non Inspire 4g Rom on it? I would like to flash a vanilla android rom from a g2. I hate HTC Sense or any skinned version of android.

Will I lose my unlimited data plan?

Will I get shit on by at&t for tethering?

Whats the battery life with Heavy usage on 3g?

Is netflix working on this yet?

Advertisement

2. GuMbO2008

GuMbO2008 Member
    None

May 3, 2011
    1. I've heard that it has Gorilla glass.
    2. You should have a screen protector for a smart phone what costs $549 retail. The protectors are only about 15 to 20 dollars. A small investment can save you a whole lot of trouble.
    3. I have no idea about the rom that you want to use.
    4. You have an iphone4. You need data for that phone. So when you get the inspire you won't lose it because you also need the data.
    5. Depends what kind of data plan you have. They require you to have their 4gb data service for you to tether.
    6. Yes Netflix is working.

3. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    1. Yes I have read it has gorilla glass

2. I recommend an anti finger print screen protector unless you are going with a case like the otterbox defender that goes over the screen.

3. There are a few Roms out not sure which option matches what you want but you will need to root the phone first.

4. You are grandfathered in to keeping your unltd plan as long as you go from smartphone to smartphone ( iphone or android). There have been a few reports of people losing their plans and being put on the 2gb plan but this can be resolved by calling att. They can either fix it right away over the phone or for some they need to open a case. This happened on one of my phones. A case was opened and the next day I had unltd back.

5. There is a thread in this forum about adding an Apn to tether. Whether or not att can see that you are tethering is unknown. If you are going to root you can use an app called easytether or pdanet

6. My husband just got an inspire so he plays with it non stop and with extreme use he gets 9-10hrs before he has to charge.

7. Netflix is not the same on android. There is no video streaming yet. It has been said that this ability will be released maybe in a few months. There are a couple phones that are capable like the nexus s, htc droid, evo and g2 (notice how none of them are att phones. Well there is a nexus s that will work on ATT network but I don't want to pay that much for a phone just for netflix right now)