• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

possible suggestion - Folders displaying notification(s)

DaveHorne

Lurker
Aug 28, 2018
This is a possible suggestion.

I would prefer not to have three icons for Messaging on my Home Page so I created a Folder that contains Messages, Signal, and WhatsApp.

When a message arrives, I am notified, but it would be great if the folder itself would show a number indicating the number of messages received.

If I do not understand this or have written something in error, my apologies in advance.

I owned a Huawei P7 for over four years and never spent much time learning the operating system. With my new Note 9, I am more motivated to figure out and learn how this stuff works.

If my suggestion is legitimate, please pass it on. If not, please feel free to educate me.

Thanks!

Reactions: marctronixx
this is an Android enthusiasts site, however its not an official Google forum or Samsung.

you are welcome to post your remarks on this site, however if you want the appropriate parties to be aware of your suggestion, you are encouraged to reach out to Google and/or Samsung directly, as neither party considers this suite an official forum of their respective products.

Samsung have a final say in what they include in their Android version they use in their products, whereas Google is just the supplier /licenser of their software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones