1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Possible to backup every single thing for restore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rdefino, Nov 11, 2011.

1. rdefino

rdefino Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    I have a bionic 893 rooted. No roms yet. I want to load a rom. But is it possible to backup prior to loading a rom. then use this backup to restore all setting, apps, everything back to the way the phone was prior to loading a rom? I will be using titanium free. Should I use the pro version?

I'm searching around, but not finding to much.

I want to load theory rom, but just in case I wanted to do back.

Now after loading theory, can I restore my apps from that backup?

Thanks

Advertisement

2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Titanium will save most of your settings and such for all apps, both System apps as well as apps that you have installed. It cannot automatically save itself, though, but you do have the option to backup our current settings in TiBu (I think that might be a Pro-only feature though).

The other option is to use ROM Manager and install Clockwork Mod Recovery (aka CMRecovery, sometimes mistakenly referred to as CWRecovery) and make nandroid backups that you can use to wipe the current ROM from your phone and restore a previously saved (backup) ROM exactly as it was when you made the backup.

Thom likes this.
  3. GSBJackson

GSBJackson Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    If you go the Clockwork Recovery path (that I highly suggest), you can also pull individual apps/data and settings out of the image backup... which is pretty sweet by using App Extractor:
    https://market.android.com/details?...wxLDEsImNvbS5oYW5keWFuZHkuYXBwZXh0cmFjdG9yIl0.