1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General possible to buy this at best buy? (want their insurance)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SDscorch, Jun 6, 2011.

1. SDscorch

SDscorch Android Enthusiast
    None

roommate got sprint's EVO 4g at best buy this weekend

he bought the "geek squad" insurance

thing about it i like is... no deductible!

so i'm thinking.. would be best for me to buy this thing at BB

but does anybody know if BB is selling it??

(also, while i'm here... does anybody know of any "down side" to the BB insurance plan? sounds pretty good to me but i don't have any experience with it - ??)

Advertisement

2. ickster

ickster Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    N. Texas
    I don't know about the geek squad one, I know there are two. I do know that I got Best Buys regular insuramce plan in place of Sprints. Took me two days to get into the system to actually see the terms. OMG, they didn't cover anything, Immerrsion, theft or loss were all listed as what they wouldn't cover. They even make the distinction between a fall, which they covered, from a high fall, off a 2nd floor porch for instance....which they wouldn;t cover.
    Pretty sad insurance. What DOES it cover? LOL. I canceled it right away.

3. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Android Expert
    None

May 12, 2011
    Male
    Stay at home Dad
    Arizona, USA
    As I have said in other threads; I would really discourage anyone from going with the Best Buy insurance. I went without my smartphone 40 days because of Best Buy Insurance.

The Best Buy Smartphone Warranties are renown for being bad. Visit the Best Buy customer service forums sometime if you don't believe me. When it's time for Best Buy to pay up on their part of the deal; they don't want to. They lie to you to get you to pay for the warranty by promising things like "free in-store same-day replacement" or "you'll get a brand new phone" and then when it's time for them to fulfill their obligations you have to make all the concessions in order to get your device "fixed".

I had to send my Smartphone in for "repair" 3 times! It kept coming back from "repair" broken. Always a different problem... Trust me, if you're a big smartphone user you do NOT want to be stuck on a basic phone like the Samsung Seek (Suck :p) for 7+ weeks.

I was stuck on an antiquated phone straight out of the 90s for almost 40 days! I finally got my smartphone back last week. It's still not working properly, but it's not worth the hassle to take it back and have it "repaired" a 4th time.

4. SDscorch

None

interesting

5. 55pilot

55pilot Member
    None

Jun 3, 2011
    Stay as far away from Best Buy as possible. They refused to honor the extended warranty on a TV that a friend bought. I saw that one because I had helped her bring the TV in.

For me personally, they have refused to price match on multiple occasions. When I raised a stink with corporate, they basically said that they always stand behind the employees and if the employee refused then there must be a reason.

SDscorch likes this.
  6. moondrius

moondrius Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Baltimore MD
    Best Buy insurance is a scam. If they can't "replicate" the problem they will just give you the phone back. They don't cover anything and it is up to them to decide if they want to replace the phone. Lets say you break the phone by accident they can refuse to replace it and tell you it was intentional damage. Sure having no deducible sounds great but it is too good to be true. If you do have a problem they will send it to be fixed and you could be without your phone for weeks just to find out that they can't find the problem. Its just a way for them to get out of replacing it.

My girlfriend shattered her 11 month old evo and went through assurion and it was nothing short of amazing. We placed the order for a new device and had the deductible charged to her account around 10 pm. The phone showed up brand new in the box the next morning. I was shocked to actually see the phone overnighted to us that late.

SDscorch likes this.
  7. SDscorch

None