1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Possible to change picture button position?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kairiste, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Kairiste

Kairiste Newbie

This may be the dumbest question ever, but I figured with just how customizable this phone is, there might actually be an answer for me.

I use a bank that is completely online, and deposit my checks using the picturing taking feature. The problem I am having is that I must make sure to hold the check up in good light while taking the photo, which means I have to hold this beast of a phone with one hand and streeeeetch my finger down to try and press the button to take the picture. Most of the time I am terrified that my fingers will slip and the phone will take a tumble 6ft+ to the floor.

Is there a way to adjust the position of the button on the picture app?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. foxrider

foxrider Newbie

Try searching the market for some camera apps. I remember on of my friends using the volume buttons to snap steady pics....

3. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member

Search on the market for an app called 'CamScanner'. It turns your phone camera into a makeshift scanner.

Simply take a semi-decent photo of the cheque on a flat surface. The app will then automatically crop and enhance the image. You can then convert to image, PDF etc.

And best of all... it's FREE!

- R4nd0mJ0k3r

4. mobi323

mobi323 Newbie

Can you set the timer to 10 seconds? This would give you 10 seconds to line up your cheque after you press the button.

5. Kairiste

Kairiste Newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately I had to submit the issue to the bank since I have to use their app in order to take the picture - I can't upload a file to them using the stock camera app (or a third party). Crossing fingers they update the application.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews