1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Possible to connect external HD to xoom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leram84, Mar 9, 2011.

1. durrence

durrence Lurker

Yes it is possible. I am running ICS (android 4.0.3). I ordered 2 micro sd host cables from ebay for $4.34 including shipping. They came from Hong Kong in a week. I installed USB Mass Storage Watcher from the market and my xoom now sees my flash drive at /media/usb.

Advertisement

2. mrao

mrao Member

Yup..definitely possible..I just connected my 500GB WD HDD, and it worked like a charm on my rooted WiFi xoom running official ics..I use stickmount though...the USB watcher app tends to be a bit slow for my taste

3. 3devious

3devious Android Expert

Are you rooted but running stock or are you running a different kernel?

4. mrao

mrao Member

Rooted with stock ics

5. Geeba

Geeba Newbie

Just wanted to confirm fellas... I've just bought a Xoom and love it! its stock ICS and not rooted.... can I get an OTG cable and connect my flash/HDD drives?

6. Geeba

Geeba Newbie

Well cable arrived.. so I guess you cant connect USB drives without rooting as none of mine work :(

7. leviathan937

leviathan937 Lurker

I updated the os to ics on my samsung gs2 and now can use my otg cable to connect thumb drives etc (still wont recognize larger hard drives but I think thats because they are not FAT32 format) i'm using v3.2 on my XOOM and does not sseem to recognize and external hard drives what so ever, I can connect a mouse and keyboard but no usb hd. Waiting for ics to be available in Aus.
    Seriously how long can it take to "test" ics on wifi only version?!

8. silviulake

silviulake Lurker

Did you succeed adding USB drives with OTG table attached to your tablet ?

Thanks!