• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to flash rom??

M

Mikew1990

Hi guys,

I have a chinese "Note II" and was wondering if I could get some help flashing the ROM.

It's apparently running Jelly bean 4.2.3 but some features are missing like basic things in the settings and i'm just not convinced..

Here are some details that i found through using Antutu

Phone model is: N1789
GPU: PowerVR SGX 544mp
CPU: Quad-Core ARMv7 (VFPv4,Neon) Brand: MT6589
RAM: 1GB
ROM says 1GB but when I look in setting I have 2GB unused "Phone Storage" which isnt my SD card..This build of "JB" Must be 1GB
build number: v89_jdt1fwvga_20130705 (jibberish?)
Kernal: Linux Version 3.4.5

Bootloader: Unknown

Mobile uncle tools came preinstalled I don't know whether I can get more useful info from that?

Android SDK: 17 (Android 4.2.x

Thank you for any help!

Hi, and welcome!

I have an older model of that same phone that I use for travel. It isn't rooted, because all the links were in Chinese or Russian, and I wanted at least the illusion of knowing what I was downloading. But that was a while back, and those phones are widely available, so I am sure things have changed.

If I were you, I would join forums and look under "Other phones." Post a thread and someone may know of a good method.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones