• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to get rid of Peep, Talk, Weather, Footprints and all the preinstalled...?

Gotta Root (Down).....;)

beastie-boys.jpg

Upvote 0
Is rooting..difficult? And would it change anything about my phone that anyone could see, say if I take it in after 1 year contract is up and get a new phone?

I think the process is reasonably simple, there is a forum dedicated entirely to root for researching, and making your decision. I would; however, proceed with caution.

All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums

Upvote 0
rooting is not difficult, its just very detail oriented. You have to do every step exactly the way its supposed to be done. I recently ran into problems, but they were a result of a bad cable. I'm not sure what your talking about taking it in after your 1 year contract to get a new phone( you don't have to turn in your old phone to upgrade) or did you mean taking it in prior to the year being up to get a warranty replacement. Root is completely reversible as long as your phone is working. If you bricks or gets destroyed it won't matter anyway.

Upvote 0
rooting is not difficult, its just very detail oriented. You have to do every step exactly the way its supposed to be done.

Indeed.

The vast percentage of problems I see reported have to do with either missing a step or attempting them in the wrong order.

That "all things" link has a wealth of information:

All Things Root (Eris) - Android Forums (to reiterate ;))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones