1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Possible to go back to 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chistery, May 24, 2010.

1. chistery

chistery Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 9, 2009
    Network Engineer
    London
    Having applied the update manually, is it possible to go back to 2.1 and see if that solves my connectivity issues? Can I just apply the last update?

TIA.

Advertisement

2. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 13, 2010
    Manchester, NH
    You should be able to find the stock ROM somewhere (probably on xda) and apply it to your phone, then upgrade from that. Just make sure you do a backup in case something gets messed up.

3. ncguy2

ncguy2 Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    What specifically needs to be backed up and whats the easiest method for for performing the backup?

4. smitty24

smitty24 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 5, 2009
    Florida
    need to do a nandroid backup...head over to xda and look into the nexus one development sub-forum.

not to be an a$$ but you probably shouldnt be flashing roms without some knowledge of what/how to backup...you could very easily end up with a 500$ paperweight...

5. ncguy2

ncguy2 Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    I couldn't agree more. Notice I said I haven't flashed mine yet and that's precisely why I'm asking here. BTW, have you seen any mention of a backup in any of the hundreds of posts with all of the cookbook instructions for manually flashing froyo? I haven't even seen it causally mentioned anywhere.

Well, for whatever its worth, I guess the average user is also going to flash 2.2 via the OTA upgrade and they probably wont be given backup instructions for that either.

6. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest
    None
    Unless you are rooted, you cannot go back to 2.1.....see my post on the same issue further up......

+1 to the other post in this thread warning of doing things with your phone you don't understand.

Tags: