1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Possible to go back to stock?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UntameZerg, Sep 11, 2011.

1. UntameZerg

UntameZerg Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    So I went ahead and used Revolutionary, got s-off, and like an idiot, flashed Cyanogen before making a backup of my stock Incredible 2's Gingerbread ROM.

Now, of course, after doing all that, I've decided that I in fact don't want or need root, nor want any of the risks involved in it. I do realize that my bootloader now says "Revolutionary" and "s-off" and there's no way to get warranty service now, but is there a ROM out there that would be as if I just downloaded Gingerbread OTA?

And is there a way to go back to "s-on," should I ever decide to do that?

It may be because I may have just mucked up $500, but I'm actually feeling ill from doing this. Didn't have any trouble at all rooting my old T-Mobile G1, but this time around, it just doesn't feel right. I don't like it...

Advertisement

2. boffster

boffster Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    go to rootzwiki.com under dinc2 developer section and you will see jcases tutorial about unrooting.

this will bring it back to stock and s-on. its a delicate operation and must be followed carefully. you must use adb with computer. if not familiar with it then i don't recommend.

3. AndyBones

AndyBones Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 5, 2011

You can indeed un-root your phone and get back to 100% stock for warranty issues, ect..

it seems to me though that you need a sense ROM rather than AOSP which Cyanogen is. I would give SkyRaider a run before un-rooting.

4. KrippyKreme

KrippyKreme Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Data Analyst
    Tennessee
    I would suggest Virtuous Unity since you are already rooted. It's a Sense 3.0 ROM and very stable. I don't think you would hear any negative feedback from it.

It just seems that unrooting would be a hassle.

5. Ibethebot

Ibethebot Newbie
    None

Aug 18, 2011