1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Possible To Restore Apps, Without Titanium???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fst2011, Feb 15, 2011.

1. fst2011

fst2011 Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Hello everyone,

I first want to say this forum is one of the best around. Tons of information and people willing to help a newbie out. Secondly, I'm not the type of person to ask for the answer and get the quick way out...I like to try and research, read and read more before asking for help.

Here is the problem:

Before I flashed my phone...I plugged in the usb and copied all folders and files on the SD card to a folder on my pc, just incase.

Then I followed the instruction to install a custom rom...I used Iced Glacier. I rebooted the phone and the Iced rom worked...after checking out the phone, to see what the Iced rom was all about, I realized I didnt use Ti to make a backup of all apps.

Here is the question:

Can I use the folders/files I copied to the pc, to add the apps back to the phone?

Thanks in advance for any help,
    BK

Advertisement

2. Jnoc

Jnoc Newbie
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Yes you can. I don't remember what the path is to get to them right now, but if you search for .apk it will list them. Then just use ADB to push them to your phone or copy/paste them to your SD card and manually install them.

3. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    Louisiana
    if you ever want to backup your apps again, use astro file manager. If you go into the tools section they have a backup feature which is pretty nice. All you have to do is just reinstalled them once you flash a new room.

4. fst2011

fst2011 Lurker
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    thanks for the info guys...

Jnoc you mentioned to either copy/paste or push them to sd card...but where on the card do I drop them?

Darkwarrior006...where does actro store the backups...Im thinking it might be best to save that backup file, once its done...on the pc....no?

BK

5. Darkwarrior006

Darkwarrior006 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 29, 2010
    Louisiana
    it stores it in backup>apps. You can save it to your PC if you want too, but it will be fine on the sdcard. You can save it to your computer if you just want to be sure it doesnt go anywhere.

6. wenglish

wenglish Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Can you selectively restore from Astro? I'm looking for something I can use to back up stuff like SMS, MMS, bookmarks, and home-screen shortcuts.

Thanks ... Mike

7. RavenWulf

RavenWulf Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2010
    If you want to backup your SMS,MMS, bookmarks and such you should checkout MyBackup Root (free app in the Market), it can backup everything you want including apps+data and restore it all with just a couple clicks for everything instead clicking each and every app you want back

8. wenglish

wenglish Newbie
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks for the suggestion RavenWulf. However (I didn't mention this) I am hoping for something that does not require root. Not that I am scared of root (I use Solaris all day every day), but I have to support two other phones, one at a great distance, so the less "tweaking" required the better.

There are a lot of backup apps in the market, but reading through the reviews isn't very productive (most of them are very short and read like they were written by a 10-year old). I'm hoping by hanging out here a clear favorite among actual users will become apparent.

Mike