1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Possible to Stop the Push?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HunnieBunnie, Jul 6, 2013.

1. HunnieBunnie

HunnieBunnie Well-Known Member

I have the BBC app on my phone. The app updated a few days ago and began to send me "push notifications" on breaking news stories. Drove me crazy until I figured out how to turn them off. Open the app and tap or double tap the three horizontal line icon in the phone's lower left hand corner. This will bring up some choices. Choose "settings." In settings you can uncheck the "Breaking News Notifications."

I wish I could figure out something similar to stop the bloody push notifications from leadbolt.com. Talk about aggravating!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. If the app doesn't have a setting that allows you to disable the push notifications, uninstall it and find a similar app that does. There are plenty of news apps in the store, no reason to be stuck with one that does this. You can also contact the developer and/or post a negative review stating why you are uninstalling their app. Enough of this type of feedback might get the message across that they need to add that option.

HunnieBunnie likes this.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

Have you Jelly Bean?

Jelly Bean introduced the feature to indentify the app which has pushed a notification and to disable the app's ability for notifications.

Do long press on the advertising's notification, that should pop up an "App Info" button you can press which will tell you which app has created that notification.
    Also from there you can conveniently disable the app's ability for notifications, or if you want, uninstall the app.

Harry

HunnieBunnie likes this.
  4. HunnieBunnie

Hi Harry,

No, I think this phone has ice cream sandwich or some such thing. I think the "Jelly Bean" is a newer version that did not come on my LG Motion from MetroPCS. Not sure if they are going to upgrade the system or not (I think these are the phone's operating systems, yes?)

HB

5. Harry2

Have a look at the app 'Notification History' in Play Store.
    The app claims to set "Ignore" for an app's notification.

Harry

HunnieBunnie likes this.
  6. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Android Expert

Harry I know you are trying to help, thanks for that but it drives me crazy to see people Add Apps to fix crap like this.

Like was said earlier, kill the notes Within the App, if you can't do that KILL the App AND tell them why you did it.

Not to mention, the more silly ass Apps you add, WHEN the phone goes wonky on you, that's just Another App to add to the troubleshoot issue.

HB, with all due respect, the LAST thing you need to do is to Further complicate your troubleshooting...;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

7. Harry2

Bruce, I see and do respect your intention :)

Harry

HunnieBunnie likes this.
  8. HunnieBunnie

Hi Bruce,

Thanks, I was able to find the setting within the app that allowed me to turn off the Push, thank goodness! I am a happy camper now. : )

HB

9. NexoGamerz

NexoGamerz Newbie

Yay, Happy ending. Lol. I think this thread is over.

LG Motion 4G Forum

The LG Motion 4G release date was August 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 1700mAh battery.

August 2012
Release Date
Reviews