1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Possible to "unroot" San Francisco?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daveyg34, Mar 28, 2011.

1. daveyg34

daveyg34 Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Hi, the thought of increasing the performance of my phone by rooting it is really appealing, however I am a worrier and am scared that if my phone breaks and I need it fixed (which it did over christmas) Orange will refuse to help as I will have voided the warranty.
    Is it possible to "unroot" the phone to it's stock rom? Or at least use the stock rom if needed?

Advertisement

2. BurnCK

BurnCK Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    SQL Analyst
    Manchester, UK
    Once you've 'rooted' it and have ClockworkMod installed then you can create a 'nandroid' backup which will backup your original ROM, settings, apps, etc,. You can then re-flash back to it's original state if required, however the phone will still be rooted.
    I believe unrooting is possible (it is on other phones so don't see why it wouldn't be) but not sure that it's a straight forward procedure.

3. daveyg34

daveyg34 Lurker
    None

Oct 12, 2010

Thank you, I rooted it after making this post and in the Androot thing there was a option to "unroot" so I'll try that another time. Unfortunately couldn't be bothered waiting for the backup to finish. However there is an option for the UK Orange Android 2.1 ROM on the modaco website. (check the San Francisco thread for rooting there is a link.

Thanks again!

Tags: