• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible to use the actual htc weather clock in 3rd party launcher?

lightsleeper23

Android Enthusiast
Nov 18, 2011
Salt Lake City
Yeah. I have an HTC phone, but you can't use any HTC widgets while using a 3rd party launcher. I don't want some inferior copy like fancy widgets or something. I want the real HTC clock widget that takes me into the HTC weather app when I touch it.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? Like an apk. of it that can be installed along side it as a 3rd party widget and won't just attempt to replace the system One?

Thanks. I have tried both of those. I actually paid for the full version of fancy widgets too. But i just wanted one that looked like the sense style, and theirs is not made well. At least on my one v and my nexus 7 both it does not display properly no matter how i have the settings. And i liked the battery info displayed on the clock, and a separate battery widget, but it didnt work properly and kept displaying the same battery readout until i removed and redid the widgets. Just low quality overall i thought. And their clock widget, even displaying properly, just flat out does not look as sharp as the HTC one in my opinion. Oh well.

Upvote 0
The best replica of HTC weather widget seems to be HTC Skin for GO Weather EX

It can be downloaded from Play Store
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediawoz.goweather.htcstyle&feature=search_result
It has to be used along with GO Weather EX (which is a nice weather app) and it can be used with any launcher, not just GO Launcher...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones