• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Possible to view "Authentication Problem" details

duckduck

Lurker
Mar 5, 2016
I've got a network that no Android device can connect to. I've tried many. iPhones, iPads, laptops, PCs, they all work just fine. But Androids, no matter what type of branded OS they have, will not connect.

After entering WiFi connection details, I get the message "Authentication Problem". The problem isn't the password, it's something with the WiFi Access Point (Motorola AP 5131, using release version 1.1). I can't begin to diagnose or fix the problem, until I can find out what "Authentication Problem" actually means.

Is there a way to view a log of some sort to find out what the actual problem is?

I'm on Lollipop 5.01, Kernel 3.10.61. WiFi authentication is WPA/WPA2 PSK. The device is a Lenovo TAB 2 A10. I don't know exactly what parts of it are branded in the package.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones