• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Possible way to increase android ram?

twolfowl

Feb 28, 2019
So I took a usb hard drive in windows and made virtual ram then stuck it in my android TV and the TV seemingly runs faster 'as much as it could with ram improvement not account cpu and gpu' so I'm wondering if this is actually happening and if the key may be to otg virtual ram to ones device to speed it up

So I took a usb hard drive in windows and made virtual ram then stuck it in my android TV and the TV seemingly runs faster 'as much as it could with ram improvement not account cpu and gpu' so I'm wondering if this is actually happening and if the key may be to otg virtual ram to ones device to speed it up

You cannot increase ram on android with "virtual ram". However, you can add a swap file. The swap file supplements the ram of your device with a user defined amount which uses your device's internal storage memory.

I've used swap files in the past with old android devices and it has helped, but that's no longer needed since devices have plenty of ram these days. Also Android has become very efficient at managing ram.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones