1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Possibly Hacked??

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by kjordan2016android, Jun 24, 2016.

1. kjordan2016android

None

Jun 24, 2016
    Female
    I've had my Android LGL33L for about 3 months now, and there has been several strange & unexplainable things happen with this phone. Here are just a few:
    I got on facebook and received error message ' Can't connect right now. Check your internet settings'...But my wifi on the phone is turned off and i have 10 GB of data through Straight Talk.
    I've been getting an error message while online 'Security Warning- there are problems with the security certificate for this site- not from a trusted authority'....I even got this message when I came to this website, and I know the sites are trusted.
    Then when I go to the update section under Settings- About phone- Update center- Software update- Update now/Connect to server, after choosing this option, message says ' Checking the server for available software updates', then error message ' Could not connect to update-server. Please check network connection and try again'.
    And under 'Update now', option ' Last Update' says ' not updated'
    My current Android version is 5.0.1
    Kernal 3.10.49
    Build LRX21Y
    Software version L33L10a

Now, as I'm sitting here writing this in Android Forum, a very light colored message pops up that says 'Draft Saved'

There are many more events like these and I've downloaded antivirus apps from Google Playstore, I've ran them all several times but they all say the phone is not infected...I'm almost sure it is and my Google accounts, emails, facebook logins, etc are on this phone as well....and if it has been compromised, it has taken over this phone. Can someone tell me their opinion, and if you think it's been compromised, what can I do/or should I do? Thank you!

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Everything you've describe says to me you have an issue with your internet connection. Nothing says 'virus'. That little 'draft saved' message is just a function of the forum. as you type is saves the message as a draft in case you get disconnected. Nothing to worry about.

Try turning off WiFi and see if you can connect through your mobile plan. Then reverse that ... turn off mobile data and connect only through WiFi.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. kjordan2016android

None

Jun 24, 2016
    Female
    My wifi option is turned off, but i have found in settings section 'Connectivity' it says 'Wifi Direct', but this is faded so Im unable to click on it, all my options to turn off wifi are turned off.