• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root possibly have to exchange my phone few questions

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
i might have to exchange my phone

i have a few questions..first to get back to unroot i can just use droidmod to do that right?

then should i update to 2.1 before i send it back?

the person from motorola said i would keep my sd card

so then all my backups from say titanium and mybackup that i put on the sd card would be good to go on the new phone right?

i might have to exchange my phone

i have a few questions..first to get back to unroot i can just use droidmod to do that right?

then should i update to 2.1 before i send it back?

the person from motorola said i would keep my sd card

so then all my backups from say titanium and mybackup that i put on the sd card would be good to go on the new phone right?

Flashing the original unrooted ROM will leave you good to go. As for upgrading to 2.1 - why bother?

As for your Titanium backup left on your SD card, there should be no problem (I would still back my entire SD card up to my PC first just for a little extra protection).

Upvote 0
alright thanks..there going to be sending me a replacement via fedex then he said to send mine back when im happy with the replacement to make sure theres no problems with that so i should be fine with getting the replacement to what my current phone is at with all my backsups

i could use a nandroid from the phone im sending back and restore on the new one right? to get back up that way once im rerooted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones