• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Possibly resolved]Calls going to voicemail/phone not ringing

help, when my wife tries to ring me, she's being put straight to voice mail, and im getting a missed call notice... this happens about 3 times then she gets thru... she is not blocked in the people app, any ideas???,, cheers...

Do you have any call blocking apps installed? If so uninstall them. You can't block people with the people app. You have to go under the phone app to block people. Make sure you check that app as well. If these aren't factors then it could be your cell phone signal.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
to make sure we are on the same page:

what carrier are you on?
are you rooted?
does this happen to ANY calls or JUST from specific people (i.e. your wife only)?
does this happen anywhere or just specific places?
are you in good cellular coverage when this happens?
are you able to make calls to your wifes phone when this happens?
has this happened from the first day you started using the phone?
did you install or uninstall any apps prior to this happening?

Upvote 0
I had that and it was caused by the built in blocking mode in the S3. I had it on for after 23:30. I thought it was making the phone quiet but instead it's diverting calls to voicemail.

i think we may be onto something here.... i think the phone was on silent.. have i read somewhere that you get 3 attempts, then it rings cos the phone realises it mite be an emergency etc.... but voice mail for first 3 cos the phone thinks yer in bed etc.... cheers guys...

Upvote 0
My HTC One has developed a problem. I can receive emails, can make calls, I receive texts although they do not come in quick as before but the phone does not receive calls all of a sudden. It goes right to voicemail. This has been happening for a few days now. I am on Sprint, stock not rooted and have the latest software installed. Rebooting the phone has not made a difference as well as updating the PRL or the user profile. One day last week my phone sucked the battery down like never before , and it did not seem to be charging. I changed the cable and have not had either problem since so I don't know if that is related to the no incoming call issue. I have not done a restore yet, that's my next step. Any guidance is appreciated. Cheers

Upvote 0
does this happen from a caller on any carrier or just one carrier or two?

are you using any data apps at the time this occurs, such as youtube, soundcloud, pandora, etc?

does it happen in any geographical location? work? home? school? grocery store? etc?

using a 3rd party launcher?

using google voice/hangouts?

using wifi calling? if you are is it setup properly or does you get the authentication error when the app is trying to verify your location?

have you contacted sprint and asked if anything is going on in your area? any tower upgrading, retrofit, downed towers, etc?

Reactions: rottonj
Upvote 0
It has happened from my work phone which is AT&T and my wife's IPhone on Sprint. I use the Nova launcher, I notice it at work as I have long days so that where I am daily. No Google or hangouts(or Facebook or any other social media app). I do have internet access, I'm not sure this isn't random. I will contact Sprint to check for outages. I was not aware this phone could do wifi calling, although my work has no wifi enabled for security. Thank you for the suggestions

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones