• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post 2.1 upgrade - force close during loading

So I did the upgrade at home, no problem, then loaded My Back up from the market, and reloaded my apps and data from my SD card. I got all the way to load HTC home (109 items). At item 107, force closed pops up. Now when it goes to load the home page it's an endless cyle of forced closed.

Took it to the Sprint store, nothing they can do but reload the 2.1, come back in 2 hours :mad:. I do, go home and run threw all these steps again, but this time without loading the task killer app (store recomendation). Same results! :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Any suggestions?

Yes you should of installed your apps from the market and not from the backup from you SD card, that is probably the issue, it has been mentioned many times in the forums, not to install the backup apps from your SD card, you may want to try and re load 2.1 and install them from the market and see, or try just installing the one that is causing you a force close, good luck

So I did the upgrade at home, no problem, then loaded My Back up from the market, and reloaded my apps and data from my SD card. I got all the way to load HTC home (109 items). At item 107, force closed pops up. Now when it goes to load the home page it's an endless cyle of forced closed.

Took it to the Sprint store, nothing they can do but reload the 2.1, come back in 2 hours :mad:. I do, go home and run threw all these steps again, but this time without loading the task killer app (store recomendation). Same results! :mad: :mad: :mad:.

Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones