• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post-Announcement Thoughts? Who's getting one?

I'm really diggin' the new gestures and face recognition. I think Google made this thing specifically for me. ;)

I like the gestures (on my 3) but face ID seems annoying. Of course, it's wifes phone. I was used to have her fingerprints and mine in both our phones. Now every time she wants me to look something up on her phone it annoys me.

Upvote 0
I like the gestures (on my 3) but face ID seems annoying. Of course, it's wifes phone. I was used to have her fingerprints and mine in both our phones. Now every time she wants me to look something up on her phone it annoys me.
Interesting - so there's no option to have 2 different faces stored for face ID? Seems like that would be a handy feature to have.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Interesting - so there's no option to have 2 different faces stored for face ID? Seems like that would be a handy feature to have.

Not yet, it may come with an update. iOS added an alternate face option recently, but from what I've read about that, if you want to change either, you have to erase both and start over.

Since I'm not two-faced (shut up @NightAngel79 ) and I don't share my device, having only one face that unlocks my phone is fine with me.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
Not yet, it may come with an update. iOS added an alternate face option recently, but from what I've read about that, if you want to change either, you have to erase both and start over.

Since I'm not two-faced (shut up @NightAngel79 ) and I don't share my device, having only one face that unlocks my phone is fine with me.
hahahahahahahahaha

Imagine if you're wife had the 4? Since I KNOW you are tech support for everyone in your life, hehe. Every time I try to help her with the phone it annoys me. Plus once I pick it up, and it doesn't see her face, I can't just point it towards her and then unlock.

Upvote 0
I actually tried to talk the wife into getting a 4, but she's been permanently indoctrinated in the ways of Samsung. She got an S10e. o_O

Now I have to familiarize myself with OneUI, too. Oh joys.

Plus once I pick it up, and it doesn't see her face, I can't just point it towards her and then unlock.

When the Mrs. has a technology problem, she let's me know but won't give me the phone. ;)

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones