• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post count not tallying posts?

I'm actually surprised that posts in "The Lounge" count toward post count. Lots of forums don't include generic/off topic posts.

From our point of view, the off topic stuff is a worthwhile contribution to the community of the forum. The only reason that forum games was singled out is that many of the games there encourage people to make large numbers of posts, just for the sake of posting (the 'count to 10,000' thread being a prime example).

Upvote 0
From our point of view, the off topic stuff is a worthwhile contribution to the community of the forum. The only reason that forum games was singled out is that many of the games there encourage people to make large numbers of posts, just for the sake of posting (the 'count to 10,000' thread being a prime example).

Thank you..i understand why it doesnt count...but to your point..i feel its avworthwhile contribution too.

Upvote 0
Thank you..i understand why it doesnt count...but to your point..i feel its avworthwhile contribution too.

But then we'd have to count all of the times I've banned you in Forum Games and then we'd get really confused.

You know what happens when people get really confused?

That's right, they forget to feed their pet fish. Left untreated people can even forget to get pet fish in the first place - I know because that's exactly what happened to me.

A lot of people have also wondered if we could count Forum Games.

Think of the fish. The price is just too high.

Upvote 0
But then we'd have to count all of the times I've banned you in Forum Games and then we'd get really confused.

You know what happens when people get really confused?

That's right, they forget to feed their pet fish. Left untreated people can even forget to get pet fish in the first place - I know because that's exactly what happened to me.

A lot of people have also wondered if we could count Forum Games.

Think of the fish. The price is just too high.

And your point is exactly what?

Upvote 0
Wouldnt all our post counts be exponentially higher?..
I get that its not about post counts...thats irrelevant to any contribution to this forum.

The initial reason i started this thread was cause i was knew and wondering whats up with tallying posts..its been answered long ago..

The more we can stick together and have fun..thats what makes this place great..not the amount of "counted" posts..

Theres lots of good people that like forum games and the lounge..who will creep into the "real" forum and contribute to the knowledge base..

But if those people dont get a chance...its a loss to this community as a whole.. theres great knowledge in numbers..the more there are to answer, ask, respond, and so on..the betyer and stronger this community here will be.

Upvote 0
Wouldnt all our post counts be exponentially higher?..
I get that its not about post counts...thats irrelevant to any contribution to this forum.

The initial reason i started this thread was cause i was knew and wondering whats up with tallying posts..its been answered long ago..

The more we can stick together and have fun..thats what makes this place great..not the amount of "counted" posts..

Theres lots of good people that like forum games and the lounge..who will creep into the "real" forum and contribute to the knowledge base..

But if those people dont get a chance...its a loss to this community as a whole.. theres great knowledge in numbers..the more there are to answer, ask, respond, and so on..the betyer and stronger this community here will be.

Yeah, I'm aware, I was just being sarcastic lol

Upvote 0
You arent going to get me to leave...also..no one said all posts have to count...but hey..if being an idiot makes your day better...more power to u

:rofl:
I'm not trying to get you to leave either.

I'm sorry, I have no idea how you connected those dots.

If playing a little levity puts you at the point of name calling, we have a place where you can relax and blow off that steam my friend - Forum Games. :)

Hey EM, wouldn't your post count be like double if we were counting Forum Games? :D :rofl::rofl::vroam:
Yes. Yes it would. :D

Reactions: palmtree5
Upvote 0
I'm not trying to get you to leave either.

I'm sorry, I have no idea how you connected those dots.

If playing a little levity puts you at the point of name calling, we have a place where you can relax and blow off that steam my friend - Forum Games. :)

Whatever man...im just gunna return the smart aleck remarks right back at you..

Then play it off as fun and games like you guys do

Upvote 0
Post counts measure, what postcounts measure... its a number and not really an important one at that.

The Thanks and thanked numbers are a bit more important, but even then they don't mean anything in themselves. What does mean something (to me at least) is the contribution that another member has made either in a forum game, or technical thread.

Reactions: Chezm2bme
Upvote 0

Which people - exactly - are not getting the chance to participate in the forums?

And what does post count have to do with it?

The answers are none, everyone already gets to participate, and nothing, post counting that you were in forum games means nothing.

I sincerely apologize.

I honestly thought that were being silly with those statements.

I'll take care to only answer you seriously from now on, I see now that everything is serious to you.

Just do us all a favor regarding our members out there - if someone says something you don't agree with, please don't call them names. Please be polite.

Me, you can call anything but late for dinner. Seriously. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones