• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post here if you received the OTA update.

I wonder if T-Mobile will send the updates last to the people who won the phone, since the imei shows up on their system as not being originally bought with them.

It would be nice to know how they're doing it, not that it will arrive any faster. And I got mine from Amazon last month, so if you're right I'm probably at the end of the line... Love how excited we all are for a minor bug-fix! :D

Upvote 0
HaHa! Sorry, Behold_this. I had to give you crap over something else beside you reporting you had the upgrade...I'm a little 'off' like that. ;-)

Again- IMEI?? Huh?

I went to use my phone and there it was...my notification. It said something like your phone has been sent the new upgrade...click to install..your battery is too low please charge...and there was an option to delay the install by 1, 2, 4 etc hours or the next day. I plugged in...waited an hour and hit upgrade or next or whatever. Hone was down bout 10 minutes and voila! Here I am with all of you hanging onto my every word. ;-)

I do know one thing...typing is seriously slow now. Will figure out what that is about.

Upvote 0
HaHa! Sorry, Behold_this. I had to give you crap over something else beside you reporting you had the upgrade...I'm a little 'off' like that. ;-)

Again- IMEI?? Huh?

I went to use my phone and there it was...my notification. It said something like your phone has been sent the new upgrade...click to install..your battery is too low please charge...and there was an option to delay the install by 1, 2, 4 etc hours or the next day. I plugged in...waited an hour and hit upgrade or next or whatever. Hone was down bout 10 minutes and voila! Here I am with all of you hanging onto my every word. ;-)

I do know one thing...typing is seriously slow now. Will figure out what that is about.

Upvote 0
I posted this earlier in the thread:

"btw no zip file on my card either, and i've asked other people i know with it and they don't either. kinda strange, maybe samsung had more dirty tricks, and added away to automatically delete the file once installed or it saves somewhere on internal memory. idk"

that was a response to her saying she had no zip on sd card.

Upvote 0
If anyone can tell me WHERE to find the IMEI..I will look it up and tell you.

ChadMD23 - there is no zip file on the SD when the update is done...sorrry.

I went to my task manager and shut off a bunch of stuff that started back after the fix and my qwerty is flying again. Forgot to check after...oops!
To get the IMEI just type *#06#

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones