• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post pics taken with your Droid camera here!

Pic of the bay bridge at night...

ObPKSl.jpg

Upvote 0
MP really don't matter.... I dislike that best buy employees and others use this as the selling point. 12MP point and shoot camera! big deal....unless you are blowing pictures up to billboard size, it makes no difference. Most people don't print out anything over an 8x10 at the largest!

I think it is mostly a hardware issue, and therefore we won't be seeing much improvement (except maybe on the fact it is a tad slow) The sensor sucks, and the LED flashes are wayyyy to focused and don't spread out enough which is why you get a giant hot spot on low-light pictures. The pictures are all noisy as hell and very grainy. The camera is not the reason I bought the phone, but I was hoping for something better.

Upvote 0
Has anyone figured out whether not the awful quality of the pictures is from the firmware or the hardware? I'm going to be slightly disappointed if the camera isn't much of an upgrade from a BB 8330.
we probably wont REALLY REALLY know until they come out with some kind of update....but judging by video quality its gotta be firmware

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones