• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X

Some Pics I took.....Garage Sale, and then Dinner

2010-07-17_13-52-43_617.jpg

2010-07-17_13-55-30_645.jpg

2010-07-17_21-03-20_232.jpg

2010-07-17_21-04-04_263.jpg

2010-07-17_21-01-05_722.jpg

Upvote 0
All of the good looking photos were taken in areas with a ton of light in at least the foreground or background. Real world applications such as the Best Buy store panoramic photo and any location with little light doesn't look nearly as good. Everyone posting here is giving a false sense of the camera quality because they are taking photos in optimal settings for the camera.

Upvote 0
All of the good looking photos were taken in areas with a ton of light in at least the foreground or background. Real world applications such as the Best Buy store panoramic photo and any location with little light doesn't look nearly as good. Everyone posting here is giving a false sense of the camera quality because they are taking photos in optimal settings for the camera.

While for the most part true, my pictures were at night outside for dinner, but I was fairly close where the flash made a big difference.

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone for providing these pictures. This thread relaxes me in a time where I want to drive to my local Verizon store and hold everyone hostage until someone hands over a DX to me. Keep up the good work.

Carmen: On a similar note, you need to stop holding those pictures hostage! From a technical standpoint, I need to see them. The majority of these photos are of landscapes, when a true test of a camera can only be seen with the soothing blue hue of a swimming pool full of girls constrained only by the most minimalistic materials that make up a bathing suit.

I could go into further detail about the reasons that you should be proud of the pictures from your Droid X phone, but I only have to look as far as the Freedom Fries you enjoyed for dinner that night to know that you're a firm believer in what's right.

Upvote 0

No offense, but that's a little moronic. ALL cameras struggle in low-light; check out facebook sometime and look at all of the profile pictures. Graininess and red eye are factors in all photography. It's like saying a Ferrari driving fast on the highway is mis-representative because it wouldn't do well on a dirt road. I know where my phone will take good pictures, so I use it in those conditions. Also, there are setting like Exposure that can influence the quality, it's just that the phone has been out for a few days and we didn't all rush to the settings menu to tinker. Basically, a good picture is a good picture.

Upvote 0
Ok, go inside, take pictures of things, yourself and then post the pictures. The quality isnt there. Then take a real camera, say a 5MP one, and the quality is 100x better.

Ok, just so we're clear...what "real" camera are we talking about? I have a Canon G11 next to me that will, of course, blow it out of the water. Who buys a 5MP camera today? The fact is, the X takes great quality pictures in good light, HD video, and is a phone; all for $200. My G11 takes awesome indoor shots, for $500. It's a phone that takes good pictures.

Upvote 0
I have been able to take some great pictures with it, inside low light, and some TERRIBLe pictures..and I really can't figure out why (could be due to my shaky hand..I donno). I think there is a technique to using this camera effectively that I just haven't mastered yet. Those who have taken great pics, if you could share some insight aht would be great.

Upvote 0
I have been able to take some great pictures with it, inside low light, and some TERRIBLe pictures..and I really can't figure out why (could be due to my shaky hand..I donno). I think there is a technique to using this camera effectively that I just haven't mastered yet. Those who have taken great pics, if you could share some insight aht would be great.

Same here, except the "Great Pictures" I thought I took, look terrible when you view them on a computer. They look highly detailed on the phone, but look washed out when viewed on a 1920 x 1200 resolution high def monitor that actually makes pictures look even better. Mine is set at 8MP, 0 exposure, auto flash, and auto face detection.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones