• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post sweeterhome 2 themes

My custom theme

Middle Screen - handcent, apps, market, phone
iphone_201001180949.png

App tray that pops up when apps icon is clicked
iphone_201001180948.png

Right Screen - facebook, gallery, gmail, settings
iphone_201001180947.png

Left Screen - task panel, calendar, music, browser
iphone_201001180946.png

The apps icon is the only one that brings up a list, all other icons open up that app

Upvote 0
The calendar function stinks don't waste your time. Use Pure Grid Calendar for Pure Calendar.

Good advice. That's what I did. I added a layer with Pure Grid Calendar, and another one with Pure Calendar, for the agenda view. Thanks to the transparent skins, those widgets will go with any theme I will create.

However, they do not update. I have made a few modifications, like changing the color of the text, and selecting a new starting day of the week, and nothing happened. I rebooted the phone, just to see what would happen, and now, they won't even load.

I also have added Weather Widget donate to another screen, and it's the same thing: I get the Loading Data..." message, and nothing else.

The only way to get them back is to edit the theme. However, I suspect they will not update if I modify the settings.

I'll be happy to get any clue to resolve this.

Nicolas Racine

Upvote 0
Good advice. That's what I did. I added a layer with Pure Grid Calendar, and another one with Pure Calendar, for the agenda view. Thanks to the transparent skins, those widgets will go with any theme I will create.

However, they do not update. I have made a few modifications, like changing the color of the text, and selecting a new starting day of the week, and nothing happened. I rebooted the phone, just to see what would happen, and now, they won't even load.

I also have added Weather Widget donate to another screen, and it's the same thing: I get the Loading Data..." message, and nothing else.

The only way to get them back is to edit the theme. However, I suspect they will not update if I modify the settings.

I'll be happy to get any clue to resolve this.

Nicolas Racine

The developer of SweeterHome has a private beta in testing that should resolve the problems you are having with the widgets updating. This is a known issue, one that will hopefully be fixed for all in the very near future.

Upvote 0
The developer of SweeterHome has a private beta in testing that should resolve the problems you are having with the widgets updating. This is a known issue, one that will hopefully be fixed for all in the very near future.

That's good to hear.

I encountered another bug this morning. Everytime I select a contact from a contact bloc, I get a FC. I tried to delete, then create a new bloc, creating the bloc on a different screen, etc. nothing works.

While on the subject, The contact bloc could use a little more features IMHO. How about being able to select the type of contact displayed: normal, starred, one group in particular, etc. Also, adding the option to display the contact picture would be nice. That would make this "widget" a lot more useful.

Regards,

Nicolas Racine

Upvote 0
That's good to hear.

I encountered another bug this morning. Everytime I select a contact from a contact bloc, I get a FC. I tried to delete, then create a new bloc, creating the bloc on a different screen, etc. nothing works.

While on the subject, The contact bloc could use a little more features IMHO. How about being able to select the type of contact displayed: normal, starred, one group in particular, etc. Also, adding the option to display the contact picture would be nice. That would make this "widget" a lot more useful.

Regards,

Nicolas Racine

Why not just do as I have and create a custom block, and add shortcuts to the contacts you want in that block. Then you would have pictures and the contacts that you want in that block.

Upvote 0
Why not just do as I have and create a custom block, and add shortcuts to the contacts you want in that block. Then you would have pictures and the contacts that you want in that block.

I thought about doing that. However, It would be a lot simpler to just assign contact to a special group, HomeDisplay for example, and have them automatically added to the list instead of editing the object every time I want to add or remove a contact.

Even better would be to have the same kind of bloc, but for SMS. Just scroll through the list and select a name to open automatically the messaging app to send a SMS to that contact.

With the kind of customizing SweeterHome offers, it would be a killer feature.

Regards,

Nicolas Racine

Upvote 0
Daihl92, that is a VERY nice theme. I am trying something similar, but I can't get the size of the icons quite right. Yours look sharp, though.

What pixel size are you using for the icons? What's the padding space?

Have you rebooted, or killed the Sweeter Home app? When I blow up icons, sometimes they look blurry .... but then they look crisp after I kill Sweeter Home and it restarts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones