1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Post update battery issues.....help please :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Raekwon, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Male
    US
    Last night I decided to see how the battery life has changed since the update. I had my phone plugged in for most of the day listening to pandora and decided to leave it unplugged overnight to see how much juice it used overnight doing absolutely nothing. Went to bed at midnight with the phone at 90%, woke up around 7 only to hear the low battery beep and see my phone at 8%. Damn.

Does anyone have any suggestions on ways to improve this? This is my first smartphone and it's REALLY annoying to have this sick phone that I can't play games on, surf the net, or do much at all besides texting unless I have my charger with me. Thanks for any help!

PS- Please don't just respond with things like "I don't know what your problem is, I play angry birds all day while listening to pandora and checking my ebay auctions every hour and i've been unplugged for 16 hours." It's cool to post that stuff IF you follow it up with a suggestion on how I could get my phone to do that too.

PPS- I'm not an app whore, I don't have a shit ton of stuff running and i've stopped apps from syncing whenever they want to. I don't know what settings to tweak but something is seriously wrong here.

Advertisement

2. youdoofus

youdoofus Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Tech support rep for Knology
    so dak
    are you rooted? if so, perhaps another kernel would be of assistance, and if not, there have been many reports of the updates not allowing the phone to sleep. There is a known issue with this, and a fix is hopefully in the works. Oh, and i play angry birds all day while listening to pandora and checking my ebay auctions every hour and i've been unplugged for 16 hours blah blah blah LoL jk

Raekwon likes this.
  3. Halfbaked

None

Jun 8, 2011
    Have you read through and done this?
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-tips-tricks/150799-battery-tweaks-htc-evo-4g.html

Also, make sure the blockbuster app is setup not to constantly update the movies offered by the app. You have to change the settings in the app.

Raekwon likes this.
Tags: