1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Post Verizon Jellybean update battery issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drunder40, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member

I have an I535 and updated on 12/14 to JB. the next 4 days I saw no change in battery usage. Still very good battery life. Strong signal at my house.

I work at two locations. My primary work location has excellent voice and data signal/coverage.

The second location (Once a week usually on Wednesday) there is barely any signal at all. Can barely keep a conversation going before call would drop. no data.

Usually when I leave my house at 5am going to work I unplug my S3 (Fully charged 100%) and when I get to work (Normal location) 40 minutes later the battery is at 99-98%.

I went to my second (remote) place of work Wednesday 12/19 and when I arrived I checked my phone and it was at 93% which was odd cause it usually is at like 99-98% (Both locations take about the same time to get there). Turned off the screen and about 35 minutes later it was at 83% and very warm.

Prior to JB I noticed no difference in battery usage at the remote site.

When I left the remote site the battery usage was back to normal so it only seems to occur when I am in an area that has little to no verizon signal.

I am wondering if there is a setting somewhere that JB changed/overwrote that I need to put back.

I read the forums on battery issues but did't see a post that specifically spoke to my issue. I do see where it is suggested to do a factory reset after a major update but woulld like to avoid that if possible. Hoping there is a setting somewhere I can change/experiment with first.

Any suggestions anyone please..

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews