• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

snap20101114_223543.png

=)

How are you and others stacking widgets on top of Simi clock? When I resize the simi widget with LP, I obviously can't drag anything else (like BW Weather) on top of it like you did here.

Upvote 0
Haven't posted in a while, actually kept this one up in different variations over the past couple weeks

Here is what it looks like now, just changed the wallpaper to a more season appropriate one:
snap20101007_142908.png

The following were what I was using before, same layout, different background:
snap20101007_142833.png
snap20101007_142836.png
snap20101007_142828.png
snap20101007_142825.png
snap20101007_142840.png

Just curious, what app or widget is that you use for your calendar or agenda? Is it for rooted or non-rooted phones?

Upvote 0
i posted this in a different place before, but i really like these wallpapers and maybe someone would too..

Lockscreen - Widget Locker
SimiClock Widget
Beautiful Widget - black board
snap20101115_233549.png

Homescreen -
SimiClock widget
Modded Version of Accuweather from Xda
Modded version of News and Weather Widget from Xda
Batt Stat
snap20101115_233144.png

Wallpapers are courtesy of android central:
ac1_nogradient.jpg

ac2_nogradient.jpg

Upvote 0
How are you and others stacking widgets on top of Simi clock? When I resize the simi widget with LP, I obviously can't drag anything else (like BW Weather) on top of it like you did here.

In this screen, I set up simi clock (4x1) on the top of the screen, then added beautiful widgets right underneath it (dragged it down once so I can click on it to get the forecast.. Then drag simi clock down over BW. Battstatt is 1x1 so that fits next to simi clock since my columns is set to 5.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Sorry, double post! (but I suppose it's an honest mistake, as you did post twice :D )

Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured. Funny too, because someone just posted a thread with a transparent icon image. Talk about nice timing :p (although for some reason it's showing up as a white square, not transparent, so not sure what's going on there).

Yeah, sorry about the re-post, when I saw the first one get cut to the previous page, and saw that you had made a couple of posts since then, I figured it probably got missed :D

Thanks again, and keep up the incredible work, very impressive stuff!! Your eye for aesthetics is dead on IMO!!

Cheers

Upvote 0
Thanks, that's pretty much what I figured. Funny too, because someone just posted a thread with a transparent icon image. Talk about nice timing :p (although for some reason it's showing up as a white square, not transparent, so not sure what's going on there).

Yeah, sorry about the re-post, when I saw the first one get cut to the previous page, and saw that you had made a couple of posts since then, I figured it probably got missed :D

Thanks again, and keep up the incredible work, very impressive stuff!! Your eye for aesthetics is dead on IMO!!

Cheers

I've attached another one for you, but probably nothing wrong with your one.
For eg the transparent image shows up as a white block when selecting it to attach to this post, but if you open the PNG file in eg Photoshop you will see it is transparent. From Desktop vIsualiser it should show up as solid black, but when you add it to your screen it will be transparent.
Thanks for your comments. Appreciated.

Attachments

• transparent.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
I post my screenshots here regularly using imageshack. Even though I resize them they still post much smaller than I would like. What step am I missing? Thanks

When you upload to imageshack use the resize option for forums of 640x480 (or if you prefer choose the option 'Do not Resize'.)

Once uploaded, click on your image to test how it uploaded, and select the code from the box on the right hand side of your image.as shown below.
Copy and paste that text directly into the forum post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Upvote 0
When you upload to imageshack use the resize option for forums of 640x480 (or if you prefer choose the option 'Do not Resize'.)

Once uploaded, click on your image to test how it uploaded, and select the code from the box on the right hand side of your image.as shown below.
Copy and paste that text directly into the forum post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is how I've been doing it. Maybe because I am only using the free version of Imageshack it only lets me imbed the smaller size? Anyway, thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Niteowl that's a really neat idea. From what I can tell, you actually have 8 widgets placed around the centre circle right? One for each image, and one for the 4 words around the circle.
Yes that's right.
The widgets are very easy to place and the one's for 'browser' 'whatsapp' etc are placed just outside the circle.
If you want I can zip up the 'templates' of the transparent images that go inside the circle.
And on top of this some of the images when clicked will display a subset of shortcuts using Folder Organiser eg when I click on Notes image it displays 3 separate icons.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Nice, what's the 57 with the circle around it? Is it a widget? Where can I DL?

Thanks!

It's Circle Battery Widget form Market, with ample customisation etc. Very good.
The only thing it may lack is there is no 'Charging' notification, but no big deal.
Waiting for your comment, because I know if I don't hear from you, then I've missed the mark!!! :D

Something else I have discovered is 'File Manager' to replace Astro. It is awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones