• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

Hi -

I am new to this forum and I tried respond to a previous post but I am unable to include the link.....grrrrrr. What is the magic number of posts I must have before I can include a link / image?

I am in awe of the talent I see here! Amazing.

I have only had my phone for about a month - it's my first Android, a MyTouch 4G Slide. Already I find myself with a serious screen design addiction:p Some days I change my screen 2-3 times. One of these days I will start posting some of my designs....

The question I have is about the post by NoNameFace on August 7 - it's a blue screen with BobClock, BW, Missed It, and Minimal Text. I want to know how to get BobClock and BW to use a custom font. I don't use BW - I have FW - but they must be pretty much the same underneath. My phone is rooted, but I am still using the stock ROM.

Any advice / answers are greatly appreciated in advance!:D

Upvote 0
Hi -

I am new to this forum and I tried respond to a previous post but I am unable to include the link.....grrrrrr. What is the magic number of posts I must have before I can include a link / image?

You should be good to link on your second post :) We have this feature to thwart spammers from posting :)

Upvote 0
Hi -

I have only had my phone for about a month - it's my first Android, a MyTouch 4G Slide. Already I find myself with a serious screen design addiction:p Some days I change my screen 2-3 times. One of these days I will start posting some of my designs....

The question I have is about the post by NoNameFace on August 7 - it's a blue screen with BobClock, BW, Missed It, and Minimal Text. I want to know how to get BobClock and BW to use a custom font. I don't use BW - I have FW - but they must be pretty much the same underneath. My phone is rooted, but I am still using the stock ROM.

Any advice / answers are greatly appreciated in advance!:D
Fonts for most apps can be accessed by creating a fonts folder in your sd card - name it whatever you like. Many apps will ask you to specify which folder the fonts can be accessed from in the global settings (i.e. Minimalistic text); make sure to save the font files directly in your designated folder, and not in subfolders for Min. Text and other similar apps.
Not sure about bob clock - from the look of it, I was under the impression it didn't allow for custom fonts, but perhaps someone here could correct me :)
FW and BW use system fonts, so you will need to get advice from a fellow root access buds to get deets on changing those - the thread for your device if no one pipes in here, perhaps. GL

Reactions: hedgieluvr
Upvote 0
pugpixelsmelissapugs.png

SMS unreadcount mod, advanced clock widget, my icons, and paper is Pulp Pixels from Simple Desktops :)

LOL That's too cute!!!

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0
Hi -

I'm using an app called Font Changer (root), and you can download it from the Market here. The app will change the overall font on the entire phone based on the font you choose (I find bold fonts to work the best imho).

You'll need to make sure that hidden folders can be viewed on your SD card because the app creates a folder named .fontchanger. Inside of that folder is where you'll want to toss any True Type Fonts that you'll want to use... then you can hide hidden folders again if you so desire.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
I'm using an app called Font Changer (root), and you can download it from the Market here. The app will change the overall font on the entire phone based on the font you choose (I find bold fonts to work the best imho).

You'll need to make sure that hidden folders can be viewed on your SD card because the app creates a folder named .fontchanger. Inside of that folder is where you'll want to toss any True Type Fonts that you'll want to use... then you can hide hidden folders again if you so desire.

Hope this helps!
where do you get your fonts or does it come with the app?

Upvote 0
pugpixelsmelissapugs.png

SMS unreadcount mod, advanced clock widget, my icons, and paper is Pulp Pixels from Simple Desktops :)

Cool! What font is that for the Advanced Clock Widget (and how do you get it)?

Also, I thought this layout would look nice with the Battery Health Bar Widget. It includes the 8-bit, unbordered hearts from Zelda to go along with the pixeled look you got going on. They have rows of 3, 4, 8, and 10 hearts. It'll probably look best with 4 hearts in a 2x1 widget (which you basically just have to resize down to).

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the info. I am downloading the app right now.:cool:

Upvote 0
where do you get your fonts or does it come with the app?

For copyright reasons, the app does not come with any fonts (the app author would have to get written permission from each font creator to legally be able to offer them all for download with his/her app. It's a copyright thing.).

You can get fonts anywhere they offer free ones for download. You just have to use True Type Fonts (fonts ending with the ttf file type). :)

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
ok so I had this infinity idea where there would be a copy of the screen going into itself until, well infinity. I tried it with a clock and it was hard to line things up the way I wanted which also made it impossible to get the clock to go as deep as I wanted. So I made another without the clock, anyway here it is and I am moving on to something else. Ignore the outer black border, I added that so it was easier to see on this site.
infinity-1.png

infinity2-1.jpg

Upvote 0
ok so I had this infinity idea where there would be a copy of the screen going into itself until, well infinity. I tried it with a clock and it was hard to line things up the way I wanted which also made it impossible to get the clock to go as deep as I wanted. So I made another without the clock, anyway here it is and I am moving on to something else. Ignore the outer black border, I added that so it was easier to see on this site.
infinity-1.png

infinity2-1.jpg

Kewl! Believe it or not i had the same idea earlier in the week but couldn't wrap my brain around it . might give it another try now. Good job ! :cool:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones