Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by devolio, Mar 27, 2009.
Thanks Everyone - trying it now
Any way to get the wallpaper (main screen)
That's really great, like Nightmare before Christmas meets modern
Cool ! Especially the LS.
OMG - let me just say that these themes/wallpapers ROCK!
I just bought the Samsung Galaxy Sii X, on 4G from Telus and love it! However, I just came from an old Blackberry and find the Android a little hard to get used to.
How can I get some of the awesome looking desktops like you all have? I have looked in the market and, while the market is ok, the ones you all have posted on here are sooooooo much better.
Can someone point an Android newbie in the right direction?
My WP7 setup.
WIP at the moment.
Thanks! The lockscreen wall was a nice find yesterday for sure. Liked that it had that minimal feel.
Welcome to the exciting and extremely addictive world of android customization Your question is a little broad to answer in one shot, but here's a few things to get you started:
1. Browse for themes for the launcher or ROM you are using (or are interested in). For example, I use ADW EX, and when I'd like one step application of icons, I browse the market for ADW themes. Consider looking at threads on Launcher Pro, Go Launcher, MIUI, CM7, your own phone's thread, etc, fo ran idea of limitations and possibilities.
2. Desktop VisualizR is something you want to check out, no matter what launcher you use.
3. For weather/clocks in one, many use Go Launcher widgets, others Fancy Widgets, and Beautiful Widgets would be the other biggie. Some launchers like Go and LPP have their own widgets to utilize. There are possibly thousands of other apps that provide clocks, weather, etc. Check out the xda thread - commonly used widgets.
4. Check out theming threads here (browse the forum for this thread) and on XDA.
5. Ask individuals with things you like what they're using - PM on that can be helpful, as not to clog the thread up, and certain members won't check all posts to a thread.
6. WidgetLocker would seem to be the most popular/gold standard for customizing the lock on most launchers/phones. It's well worth the price. There is a lockscreen thread in this theming forum.
7. Wallpapers from apps like Zedge are very cool, but if you'd like to utilize your own images, check out sites like Deviant Art, Tumblr, and flickr to find whatever floats your boat. Check out apps like Super Wall Lite (allows for panorama papers), MultiLive Wallpapers (allows for multiple papers), and Wallpaper Set and Save (corrects gradient display issues on a variety of phones/launchers/papers) for more info on possibilities and optimal display of your backdrops.
PM myself and the other regulars here - most of us are really friendly and helpful. Good luck, and happy theming.
I need to know what your screen dimensions are. All the walls I make are standard to my device. I have a dinc so my walls are 480x800. If u can use that size u can just download the wallpaper already in my dropbox and see if that works. If not, shoot me a pm with what dimensions u need.
this is what it says..
4.3″ LCD, 480 x 800 pixels
there's a link in my sig on the original post
Got tired of Zebras !
Got in a hurry so kind of sloppy
LS - deviantART: Outgoing Link
HS - deviantART: Outgoing Link
Backdrop - deviantART: Outgoing Link
Not happy with the fact that SDK distorts anything I make with Mnml Txt. Anyone know how to fix that ?
The crap is SDK?? Rooted term? hahaha
Looks fantastic, regardless of rush job or not The text looks good, but I can see maybe a loss of pixelation - happened with me on some outline styles, too. SDK is perfect on some of the phones I've used, useless on others. My current phone/ROM combo makes all screenies look red/orange I use Screenshot off the market - free version. Says it only works for rooted devices, but also known to work with some unrooted ones. Best alternative to Shoot Me since the dev took that one off the market. GL
Thanks Melissa .
My problem with SDK / Mnml Txt is like on the clock. That font is Asans. And when not plugged into the pc and connected to SDK is a much thinner font than the screenshot shows. Almost like it turns into a bold version. And when using the barcode font battery meter the barcodes disappear , the numbers enlarge and the > comes into play at the level of the battery's charge.
I wondered why i couldn't find ShootMe when i was trying to put all my apps on this phone , bummer. Oh well I'm trying to avoid rooting/ROM as long as i can LOL Might check into Screenshot. Thanks
LOL No its Software Developer Kit . An Android software so you can take screenshots without being rooted. And lots of other things over my head .
Ahhh, I use "No Root Screenshot It" for mine. Sure, it costs 5 bucks, but I think it is worth it.
I like the colors .