• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

40796_1423304577749_1086757289_31093620_240899_n.jpg

My Homescreen, my phone is in QVGA so it may be a bit small, I am planning on getting a better Android phone soon!

Upvote 0
4946426427_bd62213aac_b.jpg

This is mine, custom rooted rom running 2.2 and using stuff I read about in this thread mostly. Launcher Pro, BattStatt, Tajm clock, Switcher Pro and Agenda. I use 5 screens and these are the rightmost 3, the others are blank right now while I decide what widgets I want.

I am likely going to change out the text icons with something else or make my own, the zip file posted earlier is pretty cool, but has some odd ones (bodega for the market, and a few others) that I am not a fan of. Anyone have a PSD for a text based icon set?

I also want to make a custom drawer background but for now the wide froyo one does the trick.

Upvote 0
Some amazingly beautiful themes and screens here. But according to Joe Hewitt, Android OS is ugly visually??? Joe Hewitt Rephrases His Earlier Statement on Android | Android Phone Fans

I think he is on crack, given how beautiful the screens are that have been shown here.

I agree he is on crack Android is the most beautiful and customizable os there is for mobile phones. There is nothing elegant about a 4 x 4 grid, that is so 1990's.

On that note take a look at my newest home screen its a masterpiece imo.

screen1k.png

Main Screen

screen2ut.png

Sliding dock ( launcher pro )

screen3wz.png

Left Screen

screen4db.png

Right screen

28lz9rl.jpg

Wallpaper

girlinred1.png

My edit of the wallpaper.

Widgets : Tamj, Battstatt, Launcher pro contacts and bookmarks, Extended controls, music and twitter

Reactions: Imposter
Upvote 0
I like the TF2 fonts. Did you install a font pack for it? Or manually modify each and every icon or launcher button?

I manually modified them so I could match my custom system font. It was a good day to sit in front of the computer and play with photoshop. :)

I'm still not quite happy with them... they're not big enough, and I need to fix the drop shadow just a touch. But, that will give me something to do tomorrow, right?

ETA: I can make them available if you wanted to use them. :)

Upvote 0
Just picked up an HTC Incredible a few days ago and I am absolutely in love. I'm finally settled in with the right combination of apps and want to start customizing the appearance now. I've learned a lot from this thread, but have a couple quick questions.

First of all, what is this widget that displays connections so simply?

deviceleft.png

Secondly, with photoshop or gimp can any photo be resized into an android wallpaper? Or are there limitations to the process?

Along the lines of wallpapers, I noticed in the verizon store that the incredible would make a rippling/pulsing affect when unlocked. I was a little disappointed to see that mine did not do the same...can anyone shed some light on this for me?

And finally, with launcher pro installed do I need to do anything to get rid of the standard dock on my phone? Or will it just seamlessly take its place?

Upvote 0
Just picked up an HTC Incredible a few days ago and I am absolutely in love. I'm finally settled in with the right combination of apps and want to start customizing the appearance now. I've learned a lot from this thread, but have a couple quick questions.

First of all, what is this widget that displays connections so simply?

deviceleft.png

Secondly, with photoshop or gimp can any photo be resized into an android wallpaper? Or are there limitations to the process?

Along the lines of wallpapers, I noticed in the verizon store that the incredible would make a rippling/pulsing affect when unlocked. I was a little disappointed to see that mine did not do the same...can anyone shed some light on this for me?

And finally, with launcher pro installed do I need to do anything to get rid of the standard dock on my phone? Or will it just seamlessly take its place?

I'm not exactly sure by what you mean by displaying connections, but do you mean the toggle widgets? Looks like Smitchpro with no background.

The best thing to do is find a wallpaper a little bigger than 960 x 800. Then resize it so with the width or height will be 960 or 800, respectively, and the other axis should be bigger (make sure you maintain the aspect ratio). Then crop the image to 960 x 800. I use Paint.net for this (it's free and really awesome, resizing is under image -> resize)

You can also stretch an image a little bit without it being distorted (like 1024 x 768). For this image, resize the width (768) to 800, and crop the rest. I wouldn't recommend stretching more than 50 pixels or so

Lanucher Pro will lay over stock Sense, so the Launcher Pro dock will cover Sense up entirely. You won't have to do anything with the stock dock.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Ok, getting closer:

Home screen and main LauncherPro dock

CAP2010090114131.jpg

Left and right screens with secondary dock

CAP201009011410.jpg
CAP2010090114091.jpg

Lock screen:

CAP201009011411.jpg

Yes, I purchased Power Control Plus so I could have green lights instead of blue lights. I like it, well worth the purchase price. I used Desktop Visualizer to do the icons that aren't on the launcher.

If anyone is interested in the icons, I made a bunch of them, I can zip them up and make them available for download.

Upvote 0
I manually modified them so I could match my custom system font. It was a good day to sit in front of the computer and play with photoshop. :)

I'm still not quite happy with them... they're not big enough, and I need to fix the drop shadow just a touch. But, that will give me something to do tomorrow, right?

ETA: I can make them available if you wanted to use them. :)

That would be fantastic, if you could :D I can also help if you'd like, as I have extensive photoshop experience (both business and personal). That Photoshop CS5 is quite an impressive offering, eh?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones