• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Battery Temperature! *#*#4636#*#*

What is your average charging and non-charging battery temperature? You can select more than 1!

• Total voters

SamsungVibrant

Android Expert
Jul 23, 2010
Post the temperature of your battery! All you have to do is go to dialer, dial:
*#*#4636#*#*
Then click battery information
then the temp is displayed in degrees celcius.
Or you can download a 3rd party app, but I prefer using the code.
If you to convert to fahrenheit(but not required), the formula is:
Tf=Tc(9/5) + 32

You have to check the temp in various operational modes. Meaning the temp changes when the battery is charging, or when you play a game, GPS running, or even when live wallpapers are running. My battery temp increases when GPS or live wallpapers run
PS...when you test the battery under charging, leave it in the charger for a bit, don't just plug it in and then take your temp, lol.

Post your Average temps!

My Averages:
31C, not plugged in
41+C Plugged in charging
Occasionally superhot, but I have yet to check the temp for that yet.
update:
Yikes....my phone doesn't like car chargers, it got to 49C today, yikes thats almost 50c! 120 degrees farhenheight!!! omg
anyone else?

mine is 23.0 c.. not plugged in..

23not plugged in? holly cow my phone is the hottest one so far.
thanks, let me know what your temp is when you have it plugged in, or when you play games.

strange thing is...this says battery temp, but it actually does tell me the temp of my phone pretty accurately. for example I was playing Angry Birds tonight, my phone got really hot, and when i ran the battery temp, it says it was 42c

dont forget to vote!

Upvote 0
23not plugged in? holly cow my phone is the hottest one so far.
thanks, let me know what your temp is when you have it plugged in, or when you play games.

strange thing is...this says battery temp, but it actually does tell me the temp of my phone pretty accurately. for example I was playing Angry Birds tonight, my phone got really hot, and when i ran the battery temp, it says it was 42c

dont forget to vote!
well my phone was just lying next to me and not doing nothing.. LOL , so it was frigid.. but it does get warm after using it at times.. it's ok as long as it doesnt blow up! LOL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones