• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your DROID 3 Homescreens

It seems just about every other phone section has a thread like this, so here's ours.

Mine:
Screenshot_2012-02-01-17-24-42.png

I have minimalistic text on my phone but I found this screen shot and for the life of me I cannot get it to look like this. I want it to look exactly like this on my phone. Anyone know what settings to use? Or if this is even minimalistic text? I use LauncerPro so maybe thats why I am having problems with getting it to look like this (like the oversize of the digits so that they are slightly larger than the screen) but I cannot even find where to add the colon in between the digits of the time.. or how they got the PM on top of it.. any help would be appreciated :)
142248-Widgets-Homescreen.jpg

Upvote 0
I have minimalistic text on my phone but I found this screen shot and for the life of me I cannot get it to look like this. I want it to look exactly like this on my phone. Anyone know what settings to use? Or if this is even minimalistic text? I use LauncerPro so maybe thats why I am having problems with getting it to look like this (like the oversize of the digits so that they are slightly larger than the screen) but I cannot even find where to add the colon in between the digits of the time.. or how they got the PM on top of it.. any help would be appreciated :)
142248-Widgets-Homescreen.jpg

I can't recall the name of it, but that's actually a live wallpaper, not a widget.
I used to run it.

edit-
Found it, it's WP Clock

Upvote 0
Anyone? what's an Android SDK?

Software Development Kit. The SDK includes a tool that can capture screen shots from phones.

This web site seems to have good instructions for all that you need to do with your Windows PC and your phone to do this:

How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows – Simple Help

(The Mac is a bit easier, as you don't need to install any USB drivers, you don't need the JDK, and you just expand the Android SDK into a folder and run the ddms app.)

Reactions: Shurple
Upvote 0
Software Development Kit. The SDK includes a tool that can capture screen shots from phones.

This web site seems to have good instructions for all that you need to do with your Windows PC and your phone to do this:

How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows – Simple Help

(The Mac is a bit easier, as you don't need to install any USB drivers, you don't need the JDK, and you just expand the Android SDK into a folder and run the ddms app.)

I'm PC only. at home and work. Thanks for the explanation. I just want to press a button or two like on the iphone to screen shot. I'm NEVER hooked up to a computer.

edit: read the instructions. they ARE very clear but i dont turn my PC on at home very often, and when i put the phone in debug mode my PC gives me errors. I called for tech support and i was told not to put the phone in debug mode. Therefore, i only put music on my phone and that's it.

Most of the time when i wanna screen shot something, i'm not at home (not allowed to connect to computer at work).

thanks anyway. After seeing how droids work, i'm convinced to make the switch back to apple as soon as i'm able (year and a half ugh)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones