1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Post your gripes here.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajarnfalang, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Well-Known Member

Get an htc one and sell the g2. Good luck.

Advertisement

2. ajarnfalang

There's no way unless you install an app.

3. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

That I have yet to see one person on Craigslist in my area selling this phone on Verizon. I just picked up a new GS4 and I am hoping to trade someone, just doesn't seem to be any phones on Craigslist yet.

That is my only gripe, cant find the phone, lol.

4. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

There's 7 on Swappa right now if you're willing to have it shipped.
    Buy LG G2 (Verizon) in US > Swappa

Wolfedude88 likes this.
  5. Jastow

Jastow Newbie

1. stock message app lacks group messaging. third-party apps such as Textra allows group messaging, but does not read out loud text messages on Lincoln sync, when they are received. Textra also times out when I try to send photos, so I end up having to use 2 message apps.
    2. Low light photos are blurry with the slightest bit of movement from the subjects and focus in all conditions is slow.
    3. It would be nice to be able to delete email messages from the notification center, rather than having to go in the inbox and delete.
    4. LG keyboard has nice features, but lags when switching to the special character screen. It would be nice if the period was on the primary screen, next to the comma. I tried the android keyboard, but it lacks some of the features of LG 's.
    Overall, I like it as my first android phone, and I'm sure it do everything I need.

6. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Welcome to the forums, Jastow!
    There's a few apps out in Google Play to help solve your problems.
    I use Handcent for messaging, and while I'm not sure it'll do group messaging or read messages out loud (haven't had a need for those), it's very full featured.
    Never used the stock keyboard as SwiftKey is the only one I've used since beta. Some folks like Swype as well but I've never gotten used to it.

iowabowtech likes this.
  7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah the LG keyboard is useless for me. I use the Google keyboard from the Play Store as it works best for me and I never have been a swyper. Although it does have that capability too.

My knock on is also somewhat iffy. Works most of the time but not perfect. Maybe 70-80%.

I've grown used to the button arrangement. I just wish vzw would have left them alone. The larger ones on the other units would have been better.

Lastly, and not really a huge deal for me, is way too much bloatware. This OS is too heavy at over 2G. That's just unnecessary. I root and get rid of it all but still, not a good thing.

8. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Jastow, what aspect of group messaging isn't working for you with the stock app? Admittedly I'm on a rooted phone, but the messaging app (that I assume is the stock one, since it's only a debloated ROM), lets me add multiple recipients, and I've been able to get multiple responses back and forth, and so on. So I was just curious as to what works, and doesn't? I don't ever group message, so that's why I ask.

EDIT: My gripe latest...for some reason, it doesn't like to send files over GoSMS once in a while. Usually I'm good, but sometimes it hangs. I used to be able to go into stock app and send it there, but...it's giving me a file size error..and I can't for the life of me think of where or fine the setting in the stock messaging app for MMS size limits!

9. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

Group text messaging - If you have it set, then the phone converts the message to an mms and adds data to the message containing all recipients. However, if someone that responds doesn't have group messaging enabled or their phone doesn't support it, then their response will be sent out as an individual message instead of part of the group. Chances are, those ones that are separate don't have group messaging support.

10. creator69

creator69 Well-Known Member

Anyone else on vzw notice the Volume for notifications does not control notification? It seems it is controlled by the Media volume slider. When I have that turned down i get no or low volume for my notifications. This is the 2nd one I've had that is doing the same thing

11. CharlzO

CharlzO Android Expert

Depends on the notification. I've noticed that it works fine for things like my texts and whatnot, but I've had other apps where it seems to come through from the Media volume instead. Off the top of my head, I can't remember which, but I know it does control my texts just fine.

12. creator69

creator69 Well-Known Member

For me texts and emails are controlled by media volume. like I said it's the second phone to do it. Not sure why it is happening. Just that it does.

13. beerhappy

beerhappy Lurker

My only gripe is that the function bar shows up during games.

Now, I had the phone for 2 days but was so annoyed by the bar during game play....so I exchanged it for a S4....BIG MISTAKE.

I returned the S4 the next day for my original G2 that they still had not sent out. I played around with the Note3, but just didn't like the whole vibe of it...seemed like just a larger S4.

I love my G2, its just a quiet, yet crazed BEAST of a cellphone.

**Oh and by he way this phone has spoiled me badly, I double tap on my wifes phone and tablets....people look at me like IM crazy lol

14. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

1. increase success of knock on by knocking at top left

2. hoping for a software update to fix

3.haven't tried, can't stand group txt

4. haven't had many issues other than it is tiny

5. have not had this issue on my Sprint version

6. I moved the home key..it's in the settings

my gripes,
    using the flip view cover I can not select or save what is shown in the window

sound is not loud enough

not many other complaints, it works well and is full of features. have had it a month and still find cool stuff

KOLIO likes this.
  15. mWags

mWags Newbie

Battery life is just so so but I think I have at&t to thank for that. I've turned off CIQ (I think that's what it is) under general > apps > android system > stopped a service that was running. Anyway seems like battery life is much better. I'll give it a few days to see.

Edit: Also turned off lock screen don't know if this has effected battery life (in a positive way).

Also, can't get over the fact that on a 32gb phone I had 24gb available when new.

I've never rooted a phone before but am seriously considering it in an attempt to fix the above mentioned things. Other than that, I love this phone! I even like the LG UI.

16. dportal2006

dportal2006 Android Enthusiast

You will have a hard time finding a sucker that will trade the G2 for a GS4.

KOLIO likes this.
  17. Damar1979

Damar1979 Android Enthusiast

Hi! New to the LG phones, as this is my first ever one. Coming from a Samsung galaxy S4, rather pleasantly surprised with the G2. If i was to have a gripe or two that wasnt fixable, it would be that: 1.) the loud speakers really are not that loud at all. And 2.) Call quality doesnt seem all that great to me. But this is just my first 24 hours with the phone. Otherwise, i definitely love this phone.

18. ajarnfalang

Not sure what's going on with you guys and this camera, but it's working great for me.

If low light, i use night mode, or another setting. Anyway , ive never had a blurry picture issue with focus. If you notice it can't focus then you're too close to something and because of the multi focus, it gets confused.

Either move the phone back just a little or just choose manual focus.

Period and comma next to each other is how i have it now. Just choose the period on one and comma on the other. It remembers the last one.

I don't even remember the last time i sent a text message anyone. Everyone either Han an iPhone and does imessage , or they're on LINE or whatsapp.

All my contacts are on LINE. That's what i use.

19. TritonDroid

TritonDroid Well-Known Member

One thing I found that helps is at the moment you get a bunch of boxes touch the screen on the spot you want to focus. This focuses the camera to that grid.

20. stantheindian

stantheindian Lurker

I like the Google Keyboard personally.

21. mipenpal

mipenpal Lurker

1) My biggest gripe is that it will not give me the option to read aloud and reply to a new text when attached to my bluetooth. My past 2 phones (Windows 8 phone and iPhone 4s) both did this automatically. I cannot determine if it is a setting issue on the phone or a bluetooth (Motorola Roadster on visor) issue.

2) I want the notifications to actually show when the screen is turned off. If I receive a text, instead of just the sound or vibration, I would like the actual text to pop up briefly.

3) I, too, have small issues with the keyboard, but after reading this thread will be trying Swype or Swiftkey.

22. MentatYP

MentatYP Member

Call audio quality is mediocre unless I have a really strong signal. Lots of digital screeches and distortion like a scratched up, skipping CD. My S3 did better in the same low signal strength areas. At least it didn't do the painful high-pitched squeals that the G2 does.

Other than that no huge complaints, and thankfully I seldom need to make long calls in low signal areas so even that's not a big deal in practice mostly. This is a beastly device.

23. reeseboy

reeseboy Android Enthusiast

Who is your carrier?

24. Ravenbrook

Ravenbrook Member

Only gripe is that during a YouTube video it puts the logo on the screen to push the video to an external monitor like my TV. I don't want that damn logo there and can't figure out how to get rid of it. Any idea how?

25. ajarnfalang

Is this the YouTube App? Ive never seen that.

Maybe turn off Miracast in the share settings.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.