• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your home screens

Can someone tell me in detail how to get the big clock similiar to the HTC style on the captivate? I got this phone yesterday and am a total NOOB. I downloaded LauncherPro, but honestly dont know what it does or how to use it...lol. Gotta love coming from an iPhone.

The clock is a widget that you add to your home screen. You can add widgets by pressing and holding down on an open area of the homescreen, that will popup a box asking you what you want to add.

That particular widget is Fancy Widget, and has been discontinued since HTC sent them a cease and desist, so i don't think you can search and find in the marketplace. You can get the widget by using a barcode scanner and scanning the QR code:

chart

Upvote 0
The clock is a widget that you add to your home screen. You can add widgets by pressing and holding down on an open area of the homescreen, that will popup a box asking you what you want to add.

That particular widget is Fancy Widget, and has been discontinued since HTC sent them a cease and desist, so i don't think you can search and find in the marketplace. You can get the widget by using a barcode scanner and scanning the QR code:

chart

Thanks. Thats pretty cool. One more question. Some have the weather on there. I tap mine and it says no weather details. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
Interesting how much time a person will put into this. I had to flash the orignal rom back down the other night (long story...other threads). The next morning my wife asked "What time did you come to bed?". I said "Not too late, just after 12:00" She said "Roger....its just a phone!", I said "No its a Super Computer".:D

Anyway...here's what I have at the moment:

For potential question:

1. Launcher Pro
  2. Pure Calendar Widget (scrollable)
  3. Battery Left Widget
  4. Beautiful Widgets - Home and Weather
  5. Beautiful Weather Live Wallpaper
  6. Apps Organizer (Great app. Much faster and more flexible folders)
  7. Various Icon Paks
  8. Lots of time, and fun :p
  9. FTP - Swiftp: no cable hook to phone and manage files
  10. NOTE: While you will notice that I have Advanced Task Killer showing in the top bar, I am abandoning that, and moving to AutoKiller (look it up! Great stuff)

Home Page
26591e28.png

First Page to Left - Tool focus
78918643.png

View of open folder
549d01bd.png

First Page to Right - Apps Focus
db24c358.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones