• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Homescreens

does anyone know how to edit icon text/description? driving me crazy!

pretty sure you cant do this with the standard launcher, at least i havent seen a way. you'll need an app like desktop visualiser/folder organiser/a different launcher.

-edit-

sorry didnt realise i could multiquote,

yes, Minimalistic text for the clock/date

Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
Nova Launcher
Beautiful Widgets - Ice Cream Sandwich clock skin, Vos-Glass Weather Skin, Black Battery Skin

Attachments

• Screenshot_2011-12-16-12-35-36.JPG
    Screenshot_2011-12-16-12-35-36.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
For the home screen I'm using beautiful widgets and I have my most used apps grouped into folders; Social, entertainment, Informational, Shopping. I keep other frequently used "system" apps like market and settings on the launcher.

The little battery icon in the notification area comes from the "Battery Widget" by elvison.

Screenshot_2011-12-16-14-09-21.png

On another page, I just have the pure calendar widget for my agenda.

Screenshot_2011-12-16-14-10-54.png

On another page I just have the icons of some other less frequently, but more frequently used than never, apps. :p I'm still cleaning this page up, and most of these will probably end up in the home page folders.

Screenshot_2011-12-16-14-11-07.png

I can't remember where I got the wall paper from..., but I found it when googling and searching for different nexus high res wallpapers.

Upvote 0
Here's my home screen, only app is Beautiful Widgets. It's simple and fairly clean, works well for me. I haven't had time to find/make a new background, but I really don't mind this one at all.

I've stuck with folders mainly because I really don't like the way any app icons look by themselves. It's like the Google designers just blew past app designers with ICS, and now app designers are going to need to catch up aesthetically.

2011-12-16

Upvote 0
how do you change the type of clock?

Who is this directed to?

There are many widgets and apps you can download from the market. Many people use Beautiful Widgets which includes many different widgets with many different skins and customizations. There are so many combinations possible that it is probably nearly infinite.

You just have to mess around a little..., or a lot. :D

Upvote 0
pretty sure you cant do this with the standard launcher, at least i havent seen a way. you'll need an app like desktop visualiser/folder organiser/a different launcher.

-edit-

sorry didnt realise i could multiquote,

yes, Minimalistic text for the clock/date

I downloaded minimalistic text but I can't figure out how too add the widget to my homescreen in ICS?

Edit: its fine! Just took a while to show up in my widgets for some reason.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2011-12-16-16-08-39.png

Not the most unique of them all but it works for me :)
Clock is beautiful widgets with ICS skin and battery is circle battery with modified colors, like many others have used before me

I don't love the look of the default icons for GMail, Google Voice, or Google Talk. Is there some way to use different icons for them? I guess technically I just want less white so they go better with the color scheme.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_2011-12-16-16-08-39.png

Not the most unique of them all but it works for me :)
Clock is beautiful widgets with ICS skin and battery is circle battery with modified colors, like many others have used before me

I don't love the look of the default icons for GMail, Google Voice, or Google Talk. Is there some way to use different icons for them? I guess technically I just want less white so they go better with the color scheme.

they can be changed very easily if you switch to NOVA. there is a link in my post on page 1 of this thread. once you have made the switch, find an icon pack you like and download it, then long press the app icon you want to change, select edit, browse files, and choose a new icon.

Reactions: soy.lor.n
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones