• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

I just bought 3 carpenter bee traps. The old dude who made them and sold them to me said that the trick is to swat a bee out of the air and put it in the jar as a starter. As it dies and decomposes into whatever bees decompose into, they release a scent that attracts other bees. Then when you empty the full jar, just leave one dead one in there. So there you go: save the decks and porches! :)

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
1bdb9adbf37ffb0755068d15e719f9ca.jpg
I always like novelty cigarette lighters.

2ba4b2c7bfa62eaa0dd563ab86724468.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: shalemail and KOLIO
Upvote 0
I am a bit of a timepiece diva.

im not going to call myself a diva, but there are two watches i would like to have:

1. Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Lune Retrograde abit too pricey. difficult to justify it :/

2. Longines Master collection Moonphase

i quess my next move is to get 2. one =} i have always like Longines Moonphase - it is classy, stylish and "old fashioned style".

of course i could wear Panerai, Ulysse or Patek if someone is willing to buy one for me, lol...

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
My last purchase ...
IMG_20160329_140325.jpg

The movie ticket. :D And by extension the Hot Wheels Batmobile and Mini Dark Knight - My buddy that got the tickets for us got these for me too. I paid him back for the tickets but he would not take money for the toys. So I bought him popcorn. I am sure he spent less than me!

Upvote 0
Creation Crate Arduino project for my son. Mood lamp he had to wire up and I helped him program.
View attachment 103106 View attachment 103107

Nice one! I have an Arduino and went through a phase of playing with it. But I could never think of a suitably earth-shatteringly important project to use it for, beyond the standard flashing LEDs and traffic light simulator.

I also have a Raspberry Pi, which is currently living below my TV, working as a very nice media centre.

Reactions: shalemail
Upvote 0
Couldn't resist getting a few of these Ikea Vinyl LP frames - i like getting some cover artworks on display instead of sitting buried in a box (frames are strong enough for double albums too, hope the wall is!) Edit: by the way they are called GLADSAX (yep, really :))

IMAG0155.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Couldn't resist getting a few of these Ikea Vinyl LP frames - i like getting some cover artworks on display instead of sitting buried in a box (frames are strong enough for double albums too, hope the wall is!) Edit: by the way they are called GLADSAX (yep, really :))

View attachment 103385
Did you steal my high school record collection and hang it on your wall? :p

Upvote 0
Did you steal my high school record collection and hang it on your wall? :p

Ah, someone else with excellent taste ;) What scares me is that it doesn't seem like it was 25-30 years ago :eek:. Also have a framed mash-up of (mostly Donnington) concert tickets that amazingly survived - unfortunately they seem to provide irrefutable evidence that it was indeed a wee while ago.

Upvote 0
Ah, someone else with excellent taste ;) What scares me is that it doesn't seem like it was 25-30 years ago :eek:. Also have a framed mash-up of (mostly Donnington) concert tickets that amazingly survived - unfortunately they seem to provide irrefutable evidence that it was indeed a wee while ago.
Time definitely flies. It's crazy. You just need some Slayer on that wall and you'll be set.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Not something I purchased, but it was a purchase made on my behalf:

41Vkhx8HDmL.jpg

http://goo.gl/vLZQsP

A little doohickey so that I can use my brake lights as turn signals, eliminating the horrible fried-egg look of an amber bulb behind a clear lens. I can then put white LEDs where the turn signals are supposed to be and get a bit more illumination when backing up. I'm excited!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones