• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

BoConcept Cupertino desk

Cupertino_desk.jpg

Need to wait 4-6 weeks for the delivery :/ But atleast i have lots of time to find a perfect chair for the desk =}

Upvote 0
Our new top-of-the-line TV has NO Skype capability :mad:

So I bought a connected webcam with Skype built in, that connects to the TV via HDMI. Next best thing, I guess...

I also bought the DVD "Flowers for Algernon" which is a lovely tragedy. If you haven't read the short story, I highly recommend it!

Upvote 0
A lot of frustration went into this purchase and install.
My 35 year old home did not have a full HVAC wiring hookup, and I had to purchase a 24VAC transformer to provide power for this one. That exercise is way too deep for this post, I'll just say I got the job done.

but, I am now in the New Generation of folks who are willing to allow the Public Utilities to temporarily turn OFF your cooling compressor during a Brown Out, and hopefully prevent your neighbors and youself, from loosing all of your electric power.

I can access this Wifi Thermostat remotely via the internet, cellphone, PC, it don't care....
neato!!! It don't hurt that PSO is sending me a VISA card with credit for the full purchase amount...

20160514_174524.jpg

Upvote 0
there is a neat feature to this thing that my old thermostat did not have.
"Circulate Mode" which will turn the fan on at random times to circulate air thru the home to prevent dead spots....

I have been locking the fan in ON mode because the way my house is made, the circulation w/o the HVAC fan is nil.

This is going to save me a lot of money, the Air Handler pulls 8 amps continuously.
Not to mention, I get a rebate on my billings every quarter if I can save PSO some load usage.

Circulate Mode.jpg

Upvote 0
Our new top-of-the-line TV has NO Skype capability :mad:

So I bought a connected webcam with Skype built in, that connects to the TV via HDMI. Next best thing, I guess...

I also bought the DVD "Flowers for Algernon" which is a lovely tragedy. If you haven't read the short story, I highly recommend it!

Love that book.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Finally pulled the trigger on this, not much of a "gamer" anymore, but I love the Arkham games, and well the LEGO titles are a lot of fun for the wife and I as we can play 2 player. Saturday was a one day sale day at Game Stop the starter pack was $49.99. Finally down to a price I was okay with (as opposed to the $99 price since it came out.)
StarterPack_Americas_PS3.jpg

Upvote 0
These things are rated for roughly 10 years for a family of 4.5 (0.5 of a kid? really?). Seeing as it got us and our son through the high school and college years, i figure 14 years is on the plus side. Besides, they aren't completely dead, they are just being problematic, but considering that service calls can go a couple hundred plus parts, I don't feel like dumping money into a failing machine. The Mrs. was the one frustrated by constant error codes. I did the cheap stuff like replacing sensors, but that wasn't helping, so the washer, at least, was pointing toward something major.

Upvote 0
they aren't completely dead
Bring out yer dead!
Here's one.
Nine pence.
I'm not dead.
What?
Nothing. There's your nine pence.
I'm not dead!
'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Yes he is.
I'm not.
He isn't.
Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones